Ump modified championship chase?

Convict18

Jimmy Dearing is there still any chance Mike Harrison has any chance of winning the title or does mike long have It locked up if not what does Harrison have to do to win?

I'm not a 100% sure on this but I think Harrison has to get wins with bonus points. If he would sweep mod mania next weekend that would give him 5 extra points a night at 3 nights so that would be 15 points. If he races this weekend somewhere they have bonus points he can gain there also... Maybe I'm wrong but I think it still can happen but Long has been tough... Especially since he races tri city and I-55 and Quincy... Don't see him much anywhere else and if you do he don't win much at any other track... That's no disrespect to him just stating a fact... You do what you gotta do to win... Harrison travels a lot mainly for $$$ races.. Example biggest racing weekend for mods was Labor Day weekend and Long ran 1 night of it and finished 7th or something like that at spoon river.. Harrison ran all 3 nights and won quite a bit of money.. Say Harrison don't win the ump points for $20,000... He won I would guess $12,000 or so on that weekend... That makes up for not winning points in just 3 days

I would guess barring mechanical issues long has it covered in the year 2016 when long and Harrison have been at the same track I would say long has won 9 out of ten times and why would he travel he normally makes between 1600-2000$ per weekend sweeping races at all three tracks

Like I said above example.... Harrison ran 3 races over the holiday weekend and brought home $12,000++.. That equals about 6 weekends for Long. That's a lot of tires and fuel.

Harrison was like 2 spots ahead of Long at Spoon's AMS show, not like he went out and won it. Michael hasn't gone many other places because he races 3 tracks every single week. When he has gone other places he's been up front, won at Spoon and Jacksonville, ran top 2-3 at Farmer City his first time there. 3 track championships and more than likely a national title, not too shabby of a year, doubtful he'd trade it for Harrison's season. Either way they'll put on a show at Mod Mania.

only thing that would make mod mania better, as always a high point of the racing year, is seeing matt mevert on the track again giving everybody a race. saw him at tri in a bmod winning couple weeks ago. for sure a waste of talent in a bmod. just like big block in a bmod, also a waste of talent.

I can't believe as good as Long is he doesn't hit more high paying races. I don't know his personal life. So maybe he has his reasons. Just feel his is as capable as anyone to win them shows. To win in one weekend what a Nation Championship pays for a summer of running your ass off would be worth it.

Those 10-13 mods at Quincy every Sunday are bad ass!!!!!
There were 22 this past week. They were down around 12-15 most of the year, yes, but No different than those 10-12 Mods at Fayette County every Saturday! How can you fault a guy for running his hometown track every Sunday when there's nothing else going on? Why doesn't Mike show up and kick those 10-12 bad ass mods tails?

Fayette co. Has averaged 16.9 mods this year, Quincy 12.6. Fayette has a low of 12 twice, Quincy has had 9-11-10-8-7-10-9-10 as their lows. No comparison! It's not easy to race on Sunday night, drive three hrs an be at work in the morning.

They both are very good.. Harrison is a force know matter where he races. Long is more of a local guy that is good at the 3-4 tracks he runs every week.. If there's a $$ race you can bet Harrison will be there... Long ran the $10,000 to win last year (2015) at Fairbury and didn't even make the show.. Finished 3rd in the non qualifier race. Both drivers are very good. Harrison is a threat know matter where he's at... Long maybe not as much on a different track.

Mike can make 1/2 of the SN races in the middle of the week where the regular working man can't, but he can't make it to Quincy on Sunday to beat up on 10-12 mods? If you say so. I like watching them both race but I get the feeling that the ones jacking off Harrison would also say Gilpin is a one track wonder so this is going nowhere, I'll just end it here. Good luck to them both!

I've never jacked mike off, he'll I don't even know him!!! I've seen devin run good at several tracks including mod mania, he had some bad luck if I remember correct.

Bottom line here is, both are badazz drivers capable of winning ANYWHERE they show up. The fact is Long is in position to win the title due to dominating at the 2 best and most competitive tracks in the area all season. Sure it takes some easy wins to lock that deal up but nothing different than champs in years past have done. And it's not like he just started racing Quincy this year to cherry pick wins. As for the FALS deal, I guess you don't recall Long and Harrison getting together battling for the heat race lead, miring both in a B-Main, with long starting further back than Harrison, who narrowly grabbed the final transfer spot. Sure, he didn't make that show, great example.

The reason long didn't do good at the 10k show last year was because Harrison wrecked him lol quit drinking the kool aid there both good at what they do just see what happens only two more weeks to decide it

WTF guys no need to argue or make a case for either of them. Proof is in the pudding. They're both badass. Which ever one wins the NC will deserve it.

When Long and Harrison are in the house most of the time all the other drivers are battling for 3rd both are awesome drivers and good luck to them

Back