UMP Mods will not have spoilers in '15

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like no spoilers on UMP Modifieds in 2015

This is the stupidest thing i have ever seen this isnt imca so why take the spoilers away

This was brought out at the drivers meeting at Eldora. Also possibly a different tire for mods in 2015

Everyone wants costs lowered.. Trying to take away some advantages of more horsepower

the spoiler rule is what it is BUT if the used tire inventory dries up to fast it could hurt the class---I for one cant afford to buy 6 tires at the start of the season--I would hope ump will allow the tires us lower $$$ racers have to be used up at a slower pace JMO

I think uncle Sammy and his very good pal jimmy Mac must be reading our posts.

Now go big and go to a crate motor with a significant weight break.
Also, go to a one compound rule for tires.

Same rule as imca. Cars running Crate engines will have spoilers.

In imca, Crate cars with spoilers dominated so much in 2013, they had to make the spoiler smaller in 2014 to equalize things a little more.

Which crate motor do they run in IMCA?

And IMCA isn't on the same tire. From what I understand about the new ump tire rule is they are removing the A and going to a compound between the A and D...the same compound as a late model LM30. Won't this allow more grip and basically cancel out the spoiler change?

Honestly, I don't think any of this is going to change anything.

Great NEW rule from UMP. Keep the money coming from Hoosier & General Motors and not have to get off your golf cart to inspect! Steve Sr

I guess it really depends on the weight break if any and what tire they choose to allow. I think with a hard tire and taller spoiler for crate motors it could be a good thing.
Ricky Horton

IMCA went from a 3" (2013) to a 2" (2014) spoiler.
But the IMCA "open" motor compares to a 604 a lot better than a UMP open motor compares to a 604.
Will UMP give the 604 the 100# weight break still?
UMP should go with the G-60 tire

Back