upcoming b-mod payouts?

Jimmy Cummins

CEO, Cummins Lumber Co.
Does anybody have any payout information about the upcoming b-mod races, such as Highland, Fayette County and the Pevely show? Just wondering. Thanks

Does anybody have any payout information about the upcoming b-mod races, such as Highland, Fayette County and the Pevely show? Just wondering. Thanks

Quincy raceways is having king of the Bullring Sunday September 21st

LAST DAY TO PRE ENTER FOR THE $1253 TO WIN $103 TO START 40 LAP SHOOTOUT.
PAY TODAY & SAVE $20
MANY DRIVER BONUSES

I am not trying to be difficult, but I think most people are aware that the race pays $2000 to win. I am more interested in the start money and the pay out through the field. I dont think this is unreasonable to ask. If I have to buy a $50 pit pass, pay a $50 entry fee, if I choose to buy one new $120 tire and burn roughly 15 gallons of 93 octane in 60 laps it would cost me at least $280 to run this race. It would be nice to know if I'm going to get $50 or $75 to start or if I run 5th if I'm going to get $150 or what. I know most people will race for free and dont care what the payout is but I'd like to know and not get a surprise. I feel if it was an excellent pay out it would have been posted already.

I am not trying to be difficult, but I think most people are aware that the race pays $2000 to win. I am more interested in the start money and the pay out through the field. I dont think this is unreasonable to ask. If I have to buy a $50 pit pass, pay a $50 entry fee, if I choose to buy one new $120 tire and burn roughly 15 gallons of 93 octane in 60 laps it would cost me at least $280 to run this race. It would be nice to know if I'm going to get $50 or $75 to start or if I run 5th if I'm going to get $150 or what. I know most people will race for free and dont care what the payout is but I'd like to know and not get a surprise. I feel if it was an excellent pay out it would have been posted already.

Why not call the listed # and find out from the promoter
618 – 799 – 9222

THANX RICH

Then Jimmy might know and no one else would, if they told him. What's wrong with announcing the payouts?
I agree, it's a good question and needs to be answered so all interested b-mod drivers would know.
At some point tracks need to realize that it costs money for drivers to run these races, such as travel costs, fuel, pit passes, tires, parts, TIME to get cars ready, etc. Low payouts paid down throughout the field don't necessarily entice racers to show up. Jimmy is looking at the reality of racing. I don't know why tracks don't spread the "big" money throughout the field so more racers benefit. At some point, lots of racers are going to decide that it isn't worth the expense and trouble anymore and just quit. Then who are we going to watch? and where?

Why are you even chiming in? Do you construct the payout?? Do you even race this class? Another one? Id say a guy who DOES race and sinks literally thousands of his own dollars into his racecar can ask what the payout is. And deserves an answer.

If your that worried about the payouts then you should not be out there and should just keep your car at home then you won't lose any money

Usually i would say that I only care about what the winner would get, because I don't show up to race for anything but first. But at Highland, one would need to think about it a little deeper. But for the past several years at other tracks when I ask about the payout on down. It turns to a battle just to get any information out to the public. It is not fair that the drivers and owners have to call to do the promoting for someone else's race. In other parts of the world, it is out there for all to see. But not in STL area.

It's a fair question. Deserves a straight answer. Not sure why the payout through the field would be kept a secret until the night of the race, unless there was something in that payout that would deter cars from showing up.

I agree with Debbie, the payouts are better when the money is not so top heavy and more is spread over the entire field. The racers themselves seem to prefer it that way too, or at least the handful or so who told me that when I designed a purse structure for some races years ago. After the first race in a series of events, they came to me (and these were guys who could win on any given night) and said pay less to win and more to start, because everyone can have some bad luck. So we changed the distribution of the payout and never heard anything more about it.

I always posted the entire pay structure as well, because I found that people will be more likely to complain after the fact if you don't you tell them up front what to expect. If you tell them up front what it is, they can't complain later because they already knew going in what the deal was.

So does that mean if the payout is not posted people won't show up. I doubt that cause you can spend way more racing one regular night when you break or someone that causes a wreck in front of you. Racing is a gamble so either take it or stay home

Back