Tri-City Speedway Updated B-Mod Rules after the Rules Meeting!

Revin

These will be the 2016 B-Modified Rules after the Rules Meeting:

1 – WEIGHT
2400lbs after race w/driver, 602 CRATE MOTOR
2450lbs after race w/driver, OPEN MOTOR
Must Add 50lbs for Bert, Brinn or Falcon Transmission
****4-Bar cars must add 100lbs****

2 - ENGINES
Cast Iron Block & Heads ONLY! No Aluminum Blocks or Heads Allowed!
NO Roller Camshafts or Rev-Kits will be Allowed!
NO Dry Sump Oil Systems
NO Altering are Machining on the outside of Engine Block, Heads or Intake
NO Tri-Y Headers!

3 - CARBURETORS
Gauge Legal Holley 4412 500 2-Barrel - NO AEROSALS!
HP or XP Carburetors Not Allowed!
ALL PARTS MUST REMAIN STOCK, NO GRINDING OR POLISHING OF ANY KIND!
Casting Line at Venturi Must Be Present!
NO SUPERBOWLS!! Aftermarket Metering Block will be Allowed
Holley 80541-1 650 4-Barrel on Crate Motor ONLY!

4 -FUEL
PUMP GAS, E-85 (Must check 85% or less) or RACING GAS ONLY!
NO Methanol, Nitrous or Fuel Additives of any kind Allowed!

5 - FUEL CELL
Contained fuel cells only, fuel cells to be securely mounted in trunk area, using minimum (2) 2"x 1/8" flat steel straps & 3/8” bolts.

6 - TIRES &WHEELS
Hoosier E-Mod 26.5 or 27.5 “A, A-40s or H” Compound or Hoosier IMCA ONLY!
Grooving & Siping will be Allowed! NO Softening or Chemical Altering Allowed!
Any Steel Wheel 8” MAXIMUM, Beadlocks will be Allowed on the Right Side ONLY!

7 – REARENDS & DRIVESHAFT
Quickchange Rearends will be allowed but MUST CLAIM THE GEAR YOU ARE RUNNING!
You cannot change gear during that evenings event!
2 Cover nuts must be drilled for a wire seal!
DRIVESHAFTS MUST BE STEEL. NO ALUMINUM or CARBON FIBER!

8 - SHOCKS
ANY STEEL SHOCK WILL BE ALLOWED, NO EXTERNAL ADJUSTABLE or BULB-TYPE SHOCKS will be ALLOWEDl $100 CLAIM ON ANY SHOCK AT ANYTIME!

9 – BODIES
A 5” Rear Spoiler will be Allowed
ALL OTHER BODY & CHASSIS RULES WILL BE THE SAME AS THE
BASIC UMP A-MOD RULES!

10 - SEATS
Approved aluminum racing seat mandatory. Seat must be secured to cage assembly using four (4) grade eight bolts with lock nuts, no less than three eighths (3/8) inch diameter.

11 - SEAT BELTS
Five point, three inch, approved safety harness mandatory (6 point-double anti sub belt recommended). Manufacturers date tag must show 1/13 or newer. If date tag is not present, belts must be replaced. Belts must be secured to cage assembly. For tab mount belts, one half (1/2) inch diameter, grade eight bolts and lock nuts must be used.

12 - SUITS & HELMETS
Approved drivers suit mandatory, (Nomex recommended). Full face SNELL approved (SA-95) or newer helmets mandatory. MOTORCYCLE HELMETS (M-95) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Racing Gloves will be Mandatory!

Thanks & See You at the Races!
Kevin & Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
You can run a spoiler?.. You can run 4 bar??? A quickchange???? If you have a 2 bar ,open motor (legal) with a 9" ford and you stay competitive....that would be really impressive.

Same basic rule package as last year!

Yes it was very competitive, with a good mix of different suspension's!!

THX, Kevin

You can run a spoiler?.. You can run 4 bar??? A quickchange???? If you have a 2 bar ,open motor (legal) with a 9" ford and you stay competitive....that would be really impressive.

Sorry. i meant spec motor. Not open motor. Ok I dont live in STL anymore....i just read this site because i like racing. Were USRA here. So that 4 bar , quick change, spoiler stuff isnt legal here. Good grief. Just run an A Mod. If thats what the rules are. Ive got a question...what ever happened to crate lates? Howd that work out?

Sorry. i meant spec motor. Not open motor. Ok I dont live in STL anymore....i just read this site because i like racing. Were USRA here. So that 4 bar , quick change, spoiler stuff isnt legal here. Good grief. Just run an A Mod. If thats what the rules are. Ive got a question...what ever happened to crate lates? Howd that work out?
Those crate lates worked out as well as these b-mods are going to if they keep letting rules like this in!! The problem is every time they make a set of rules for the b-mods someone gets on here crying like a baby until they get what they want and they change the rules!! I agree with the just run a a-mod with these rules they have because that's pretty much what they are with a 2 barrel.

The rules are what they are...Kevin and crew has the best Bmod shows around with great racing and door to door action in every show! You guy's say just run a mods with these rules but I just wanna know how does guy's like Eilers,Harris,Hancock and several other top car's go from TCS on Friday night to other track's and run and WIN? If rules are so different? Everyone say if you run TCS u can't run elsewhere cause rules won't allow it!? Seems to me the guy's I mentioned have their car's set up to run everywhere and might be coming to TCS with a disadvantage. You do the homework and your gonna be fast and that's all there is to it! Stop crying all the time!!!

I can see the same ol dumb ass keeps rating my post as dumb but yet he didn't even know the rules of the b-mods but yet wants to rate someone's post as dumb!! Lmao!! This idiot kills me!!

Harris and Eilers I know for a fact run the same exact cars last year at a UMP show and at tri-city last year..Harris won either 2 or 3 at tri city with a 3-link solid pull bar w/o a spoiler the car was just dialed in last year! Would we want rules the same all the way around of course but that's not the case, but if your car handles great and you get tires to the dirt you will win!

I can see the same ol dumb ass keeps rating my post as dumb but yet he didn't even know the rules of the b-mods but yet wants to rate someone's post as dumb!! Lmao!! This idiot kills me!!
Well your post was dumb, did you want me to lie? "Just run an Amod" is in my OPINION, a dumb statement. The overall money it takes to run between the two is more than you think. And you've never put a car on a track even for one night..and you're on here popping off. Dumb.

Last edited:
Those crate lates worked out as well as these b-mods are going to if they keep letting rules like this in!! The problem is every time they make a set of rules for the b-mods someone gets on here crying like a baby until they get what they want and they change the rules!! I agree with the just run a a-mod with these rules they have because that's pretty much what they are with a 2 barrel.
No they're not close to an Amod.
No roller cam, sprung pull-bar, aluminum heads..aluminum calipers. Long list of differences.

Last edited:
I understand Tri City track has been much improved since we moved from the area 10 yrs ago, and thats awesome. My point was... B mod is supposed to be sort of an entry level lower cost class. Having spoilers , 4 bar set ups and quick changes seems a little ridiculous. I wasnt crying. Just putting my 2 cents in. Those types of rules exponentially favor money and experience ...And put Joe Blow, and the weekend warrior type outfit at a hell of a disadvantage. I guess at least with a quickchange. Its only 75.00 for a gear, not 400.00. Other than that , I dont get it. Our B Mods down here....its USRA. Its growing so fast, you have to race your way into the feature every nite. 35 to 40 b mods and we arent NEARLY as populated as St Louis area. Maybe it works out great there at Tri City. Its their track and can do what they want. We will have to come watch some nite when were in town and see.

Back