VCS Sue Voges Night, NASCAR NIGHT, Televised Documentary

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By: Richard Fitzgerald

Sunday April 22, 2007 Vermilion County Speedway honors Sue Voges: Sue has been an Illinois State Trooper for 22 years that has been battling breast cancer for the past eight years. Please help us “Paint the Stands Pink” for Illinois State Trooper Sue Voges and help support Cancer Research. State Troopers and Sheriff’s deputies, along with VCS Staff and volunteers will be accepting cash donations and selling the Hope-Theme pink T-shirts to benefit the Mills Breast Cancer Institute, Champaign Illinois. The Proceeds will be donated on behalf of Sue Voges.

Race day activities and television filming begin at 12:00 noon, including live music by “John Truscelli Band” The drivers meeting starts at 5:45 pm and racing begins at 6:00 pm.

For the upcoming event, NASCAR’s Ken Schrader will be driving his “Red Baron Pizza UMP Modified” and Kenny Wallace will compete in the ”St. Louis Cardinals” UMP Modified. Filming the action will be the camera crew of “One Good Turn, with Joey T” which will be shooting the footage documenting Sue’s moving story.

Joey T stated “Racers and racing fans are some of the most giving people in the world and they all come together in times of need, “says Joey T. “Our racing friends know that there is another race on the schedule to attend, the race to find a cure for breast cancer. For Sue Voges, and the thousands of women battling breast cancer, hope is their focus” “We need to find a cure for breast cancer,” He declares. “There will also be a big surprise waiting for their new friend Sue on race day.”
One Good Turn, with Joey T is a new feel good television reality series about the giving side of racing. These Moving Stories show racers and communities joining together to help one of their own. Joey is a former IndyCar Series team owner. The show is produced by Conrad Rickets (Co-Executive Producer of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), Rick Bieber former President of HBO Films, and Host Joey T.
For a preview visit http://www.aimpages.com/ogt/profile.html

Bill Nelson track promoter for Vermilion County Speedway stated, “I am so proud that VCS was chosen to host this event. You cannot imagine the interest this has generated not just in the local area, but all over the country. So many folks have contacted me to be involved and offer assistance. Even though Wallace and Schrader are very busy this time a year, they didn’t hesitate to be with us when I called them. I am thankful to Joey T and everyone involved for making this happen. I hope to make this an annual event at the racetrack, which helps bring our community together to help others. Nelson also said, People will be impressed with the response from the racing community these are great folks that are always willing to help out. Based on the response, our biggest concern right now is where we will seat all the fans, and find parking in the pits for the race teams that plan to attend. Even if you cannot make the show, please buy a shirt or make a donation to help find a cure for breast cancer.”

Ticket Information for Sunday April 22:
General admission tickets are $20 and $5 for children 12 and under.

DIRECTIONS
VCS is located five miles west of Danville Illinois just of state Rt. 150 Interstate 1-74 exit 210 (Martin Luther King Drive) then west on Rt. 150.Look for signs on the right approximately .5 miles from the I-74 interchange.
Camping available
No reservations needed: Free to camp (no power) Electric hookups available $15.00 dollar per night charge.

For more information call: 217-446-5002 or 217- 443-6588

Promoters BILL & JEAN NELSON www.vermilioncountyspeedway.org

Back