Wampler Enjoys Successful Weekend With Runner-Up Result at Lawton

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - WALTERS, Okla. (July 27, 2014) - Cody Wampler is back in contention for victories in his sprint car.
Wampler picked up his first two top fives and his first podium finish last weekend after nearly a decade away from the sport.
"It went pretty well," he said. "Everybody was real excited. During the third weekend out in this car, to have two top fives, we're really pleased with that. I feel like we're competitive and we're learning a few things each week."
Wampler kicked off the weekend on Friday by making his debut at Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas.
"We missed the setup a little bit," said Wampler, who started on the pole of his heat race. "A guy got by me right on the start. We ran second for half of the race and I was following the leader. But the fast time was around the top and two guys got by. Once we moved up there we were pretty good and we finished fourth."
That lined him up on the inside of the fourth row for the 20-lap main event.
"We were up to second about eight laps in," he said. "We were running second and a guy got by me and the leader on the top. On Lap 12 or 13 it started going away a little bit. My left rear tire bleeder wasn't working for me. I grew about six pounds of air in the left rear and lost my drive off the corner."
Wampler held on for a fifth-place finish, which was his first top five of the season.
The weekend concluded on Saturday at Lawton Speedway, where Wampler won his heat race from the pole position. It marked his first heat victory of the season and it started him on the pole of the 20-lap feature.
"We led most of the race, about 16 or 17 laps, and missed the cushion going into turn three," he said. "We were gaining on traffic and I started making some small mistakes. I missed the cushion getting in. A guy was right there behind me to capitalize. He pulled a little on us. We had a lapped car and I thought I'd be able to make a run if he got held up with the lapped car, but I wasn't able to make the ground back up."
Wampler finished second to score his first podium result of the year.
In other news, Wampler is in the final stages of creating apparel. Stay tuned to his Facebook page for additional details.
QUICK RESULTS -
July 25 - Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas - Heat race: 4 (1); Feature: 5 (7).
July 26 - Lawton Speedway in Lawton, Okla. - Heat race: 1 (1); Feature: 2 (1).
SEASON STATS -
5 races, 0 wins, 2 top fives, 2 top 10s, 2 top 15s, 3 top 20s
UP NEXT -
TBD
MEDIA LINKS -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WamplerMotorsports
APPAREL -
Wampler is in the process of designing t-shirts and he hopes to have new apparel later this summer.
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Wampler Transmission
Located in Walters, Okla., Wampler Transmission rebuilds domestic transmissions and has been in operation since the 1970s.
"My grandpa started Wampler Transmission and it has been in business since before I was born," Wampler said. "It has been an important part of my family as well as my racing career."
Wampler would also like to thank Cotton County Drug, Indian Territory Durable Medical Equipment, Powers Heating and Air Conditioning, Lawton Auto Parts, Eagle Creek Escape, Shur Shot Guns, Cotton Ag Inc., Farm Bureau (Jeff Baumann Insurance), Thriller Productions, Aspire Home Care & Hospice, Al's Pump, Walters Well Service, Parks Land & Cattle, Walters Hometown Grocery, and On Another Level Designs for their continued support.

Back