What a shame

Last time he did the 120 day shock in Mo state prison. And a treatment program. This time he could go to the big house. Hopefully its just that he was around these people and not transporting or doing meth. Sad sad sad. It sucks getting old but meth isn't the answer. Really hoped we wouldn't see this. He was one of the best.

Last edited:
Very sad, what a waste of so much talent! Sad to see the spiral that Ed has suffered over the years! Always considered him a friend and sorry to see him be just another statistic.

Is thr a way to change a profile name? I wanted to before but this really puts the icing on the cake for me. Was my idol growing up.. What a change 1 person can go threw.. Hope u can find the right place before it's to late

Sadly its more than social media. Its on the news. On the radio and I'm sure it will be in the papers. Most people have more good to say about Ed than bad. We should all remember the good and hope this goes good for him. It could go very very bad.

I heard it on the radio today. Man oh man. remember watching ed knock the left front off at tri city and still ran fast!!! Hope he can get clean and beat the drugs

Last time he did the 120 day shock in Mo state prison. And a treatment program. This time he could go to the big house. Hopefully its just that he was around these people and not transporting or doing meth. Sad sad sad. It sucks getting old but meth isn't the answer. Really hoped we wouldn't see this. He was one of the best.

Its sad to see this happen to a St. Louis legend and stock car hall of famer. I remember Ed from as far back as the old Lake Hill Speedway days. My kids couldn't wait until the races were over so they could go down in the pits and talk to him. Ed would always make time to chat with anyone. Just a really nice guy it seemed. Something obviously happened along the way later in life when he chose to go down the wrong path. I hope he can get another opportunity (and I know he's had several) to straighten himself out. Good luck Ed.

When it's on kmov it's kind of already public knowledge just saying ,hope the 50 gets healthy though

I believe the point was that this isn't racing related so why was it necessary to be posted. Apparently you need pictures drawn, just sayin.

Is thr a way to change a profile name? I wanted to before but this really puts the icing on the cake for me. Was my idol growing up.. What a change 1 person can go threw.. Hope u can find the right place before it's to late

Stand behind Ed, and hope that he recovers. I don't know how involved he was and it's none of my business but this is some nasty stuff and in some situations you lose more than just some time in jail... sometimes its worse.. family, friends, or even life itself. I hope the best for Ed and hope he makes a full recovery.

I still like Ed Dixon. Everybody f's up. Your true character comes out after adversity. Hope this is his wakeup.

Never mind someone told me why you care my original post wasn't like a huge dig I thought I was just stating the obvious wasn't to offend anyone but I do like pictures have a good day

he was a racing legend in this area and a dirt late model hall of famer how is that not racing related? pulling the wool over your eyes will not make this go away.what a way to ruin your rep and more importantly your life it is very sad

He was doing this when he was racing on the tracks around St. Louis. He is a very good driver but no one needs to be on the race track when doing any kind of drugs. Just happy no one got hurt. Maybe UMP will do some drug testing now.

I'm not pulling wool over my eyes or denying anything, I'm not defending Ed, I just don't see why this is relevant to this website... but maybe posts like this are why I only get on here once every few weeks at most.... I don't think I have ever even had a conversation with Ed Dixon. I just don't see why its necessary to post this about a guy who doesn't race anymore, it didn't happen at a race track, and has no effect on future racing. I'm not offended, again, I just don't see why this is necessary, I guess we will just agree to disagree. Have a good day!

I'm not pulling wool over my eyes or denying anything, I'm not defending Ed, I just don't see why this is relevant to this website... but maybe posts like this are why I only get on here once every few weeks at most.... I don't think I have ever even had a conversation with Ed Dixon. I just don't see why its necessary to post this about a guy who doesn't race anymore, it didn't happen at a race track, and has no effect on future racing. I'm not offended, again, I just don't see why this is necessary, I guess we will just agree to disagree. Have a good day!
He has done drugs at the track

Back