(Bill W) April 8, 2011 – The Midwest Open Wheel Association’s Monster Energy™ Sprint Series is growing more interesting by the hour as the much-anticipated opener looms on Saturday, April 23 at the 34 Raceway in West Burlington, Iowa. Now the series’ champion will secure a ride in an Indy Race Parts midget in the 26th Annual Chili Bowl held in January of 2012 at the Tulsa Expo Center in Oklahoma!
An eleven-race schedule is on the calendar, with more dates pending. Thirty-plus drivers have expressed their intentions on running the opener in West Burlington. In addition to the Chili Bowl ride, the series’ champion will also earn $2,500 in a point fund that will pay the top ten in the standings, including $2,000 for second and $1,500 for third.
To check out more information on Rules and Procedures, Drivers, Schedules, Updates and More for the Monster Energy Sprint Car Series, visit the series’ website at www.MidwestOpenWheel.com!
Join Our Fan Club
Become a part of the Monster Energy Sprint Car Series by joining the MOWA Fan Club. Throughout the season we will be offering benefits to our fan club members. Our fans are our most valuable asset and we want you to take a leading role in our plans for the 2011 season.
Midwest Open Wheel Fan Club Membership Packages
*BRONZE MEMBERSHIP $5.00 per year includes:
- Your membership card
- Text message and/ or email updates on race results and upcoming events
- Discounts on merchandise- when card presented
- A chance to win autographed hero card
- A reserved seat at the M.O.W.A. banquet
- A chance to get your picture taken with race feature winner
- If your name is drawn, you will pull a driver position for dash-4-cash, or feature
*SILVER MEMBERSHIP $15 per year includes:
Everything in the Bronze package plus,
- Be entered to win an autographed driver shirt monthly
- An autographed hero card
- A chance to win lunch with a M.O.W.A. driver
*GOLD MEMBERSHIP $25 per year includes:
- Everything in the bronze and silver packages plus,
- A chance to win a Hot Pass at a M.O.W.A. event
- You will be entered to win an end of the year $500 cash prize
- 1 lucky winner chosen to an exclusive “Party in the Pits”
In addition to the above benefits:
- All members will be allowed to vote on several categories such as: Driver of the Year, Most Improved Driver, Hard Charger, and Fan Favorite.
- ALL Fans will also be entered to win a chance to present Trophy to winning driver at specified M.O.W.A. events.
- ALL fans will have a user name and password in order to access the fan section on the website. This will allow fans to keep up with their favorite drivers, race schedules, contests, and other items we will be adding throughout the race season.
Midwest Open Wheel Report To Debut at the End of This Month
The “Midwest Open Wheel Report” will air on television in the central Illinois region this summer. The show that will focus on the Monster Energy™ Sprint Series, will also include coverage of other area open wheel events such as the Sprint Invaders Association and the POWRi midgets.
Show will air on Fox 55/27 at 11:30 a.m. on Sundays, and again at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday on Central Illinois CW (WBUI). The reach of the stations goes from Jacksonville to Champaign, and from about Lincoln to Litchfield. Show organizers hope to expand the reach of the telecast to the Peoria, Quad Cities and Quincy/Hannibal/Keokuk markets by mid-summer.
Check Out Our Promo Video!
Check out our preview video for the series provided by Ross Wece at the following link!
2011 Monster Energy™ Sprint Car Series Tentative Schedule
Saturday, April 23 – 34 Raceway – $2,500 to win (West Burlington, IA)
Friday, May 13 – Jacksonville Speedway (Jacksonville, IL)
Friday, May 27 – Fayette County Speedway (Brownsville, IL)
Friday, July 1 – Jacksonville Speedway – $2,500 to win Leon Smith Memorial (Jacksonville, IL)
Friday, July 8 – Lincoln Speedway (Lincoln, IL)
Sunday, July 31 – Shepp’s Speedway (Alexander, IL)
Friday, August 19 – Jacksonville Speedway (Jacksonville, IL)
Friday, September 2 – Lincoln Speedway (Lincoln, IL)
Saturday, September 17 – Spoon River Speedway – Tom Knowles Memorial (Canton, IL)
Saturday, September 24 – 34 Raceway – $4,000 to win (West Burlington, IA)
Friday, September 30 – Jacksonville Speedway – Season Championship (Jacksonville, IL)
Bill W Media
Monroe, IA USA