Southern Nationals Bonus Series P.R. Coordinator
606-219-1723 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RINGGOLD, Ga. – Mar. 19, 2016 – Dale McDowell had a flawless night at Boyd’s Speedway.
The Chickamauga, Ga. driver picked up $4,000 after leading from start to finish in the Southern Nationals Bonus Series-sanctioned Lucky Star 40 event. This was McDowell’s first win on the tour. He became the 18th different series winner and second different winner this season.
Polesitter Cory Hedgecock and McDowell brought the field to life for the start of the 40-lap main event with McDowell jumping to the early lead. Hedgecock and Donald McIntosh would tuck in line for second and third. By the fifth circuit, sixth-starting Jonathan Davenport would work his way up to the fourth position and challenge Hedgecock for third numerous times.
By the halfway point, McDowell would continue to lead while McIntosh, Hedgecock, Davenport and Jared Landers held on to the remaining top-five spots. By the later stages in the race, 13th starting Randy Weaver would muscle his way to the sixth spot and challenge for fifth but settled for a spot just outside the top-five. McDowell would cross the line first ahead of McIntosh, Hedgecock, Davenport and Landers.
Two caution flags slowed the 40 lapper. The first yellow flag would wave on lap 13 as Tim Busha slowed on the front chute with an oil leak. The final yellow flag came on lap 36 as Jason Welshan slowed at the top of turn two.
McDowell drove the Team Dillon Racing owned, Bad Boy Buggies, Big Dog Motorsports, Cometic Gasket, Ferris Commercial Mowers, Klotz Synthetics, National Boiler Service and UNOH-sponsored, ECR-powered Warrior Race Car to the victory.
The Southern Nationals Bonus Series will be back in action on Friday Night May 20th at the Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway for a 50-lap $5,000-to-win event.
Further information on the Spring Nationals, Southern Nationals and Southern Nationals Bonus Series can be obtained by calling Promoter Ray Cook at (828) 360-5353 or Series P.R. Coordinator Chris Tilley at (606) 219-1723 or visit the official website located at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .
Official Summary of Results
Feature Results of “Lucky Star 40” at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Ga. on March 19, 2016:
- Dale McDowell-Chickamauga, Ga.
- Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
- Cory Hedgecock-Loudon, Tenn.
- Jonathan Davenport-Blairsville, Ga.
- Jared Landers-Batesville, Ark.
- Randy Weaver-Crossville, Tenn.
- Jason Croft-Woodstock, Ga.
- Jason Hiett-Oxford, Ala.
- Aaron Ridley-Chatsworth, Ga.
- David Payne-Murphy, N.C.
- Tod Hernandez-Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Dylan Ames-Harvest, Ala.
- Tyler Millwood-Kingston, Ga.
- Jake Knowles-Tyrone, Ga.
- Derek Ellis-Chatsworth, Ga.
- Ryan King-Seymour, Tenn.
- Brandon Williams-Crossville, Tenn.
- Jason Welshan-Maryville, Tenn.
- Ethan Hunter-Harrison, Tenn.
- John Ownbey-Cleveland, Tenn.
- Tim Busha-Boaz, Ala.
- Anthony White-Clinton, Tenn.
Time of Race: 22 minutes, 58 seconds
Margin of Victory: 00.542 seconds
Yellow Flags: Two (laps 13, 36)
Red Flags: None
Lap Leaders: McDowell (1-40)
FK Rod Ends Overall Fast Time: Dale McDowell-14.651 seconds
Keyser Manufacturing 11th Place Award: Tod Hernandez
Highest Finishing CT525 Engine ($200): Ryan King
Highest Finishing Steel Head/SPEC Engine ($200): Tod Hernandez
Provisional Starters: Anthony White, Jason Welshan
Dash Finish: Cory Hedgecock, Dale McDowell, Donald McIntosh, David Payne.
Heat-One Finish: Jared Landers, John Ownbey, Randy Weaver, Ethan Hunter, Allen Murray, Dusty Carver, Anthony White, Doug Smith.
Heat-Two Finish: Jason Croft, Dylan Ames, Tim Busha, Tyler Millwood, Austin Smith, Forrest Trent, T.J. Brittain.
Heat-Three Finish: Jonathan Davenport, Aaron Ridley, Derek Ellis, Jake Knowles, Jason Welshan, Jay Scott, Joey Standridge, Lucas Burns.
Heat-Four Finish: Tod Hernandez, Jason Hiett, Ryan King, Brandon Williams, Kyle Pierce, Jamie Perry, Ellery Leake.
Current Southern Nationals Bonus Series Points (after March 19, 2016)
- Cory Hedgecock-394 (Loudon, TN)
- Donald McIntosh-392 (Dawsonville, GA)
- David Payne-366 (Murphy, NC)
- Ryan King-348 (Seymour, TN)
- Jason Welshan-346 (Maryville, TN)
- Anthony White-344 (Clinton, TN)
- John Ownbey-326 (Cleveland, TN)
- Dale McDowell-200 (Chickamauga, GA)
- Jimmy Owens-194 (Newport, TN)
- Dustin Linville-192 (Lancaster, KY)
- Jonathan Davenport-192 (Blairsville, GA)