Unsanctioned: A-Mods, Street Stocks, B-Mods, Mod-Lites, and Pure Stocks
Central Missouri Speedway
July 20, 2019
For Immediate Release
(Warrensburg, MO) Ninety race teams signed in for Heartland Waste race night on Saturday at Central Missouri Speedway (CMS). Throughout the night, drivers competed in 15 preliminary heat races and 5 main events throughout the night.
At the end of the night, Chad Lyle claimed the A-Mod feature win while Nathan Vaughn continued his hot streak in Street Stock action. Dillon Raffurty once again took top honors in Mod-Lites while Patrick Royalty returned to victory lane in B-Mod action. Jason Ryun capped off his night with his fourth Pure Stock victory.
Pure Stock Results: (16 Cars). Heat race results: Heat One Top Three: Jason Ryun, Kyle Rowland, James Mirts. Heat Two Top Three: Logan Headley, Gary Akers, Jonathan Evans. Heat Three Top Three: James Smith, Darrin Christy, Spencer Reiff. A-Main Recap: Jason Ryun and Logan Headley looked to resume their battle near the front of the field in the Pure Stock 15-lap main event. Ryun quickly moved out front to take command with Headley in second. Ryun set a blistering pace and led through a lap seven caution period and again for multiple attempts to restart at lap eight. Ryun continued to lead Headley and Kyle Rowland until a lap 11 caution for a single-car spin. In the end, Ryun once again powered his way to the front of the field to take his fourth-consecutive main event win. Healey held strong in second with Spencer Reiff third. Jimmy Smith, Darrin Christy, and Joey Harper completed the top six.
Mod-Lite Results: (21 Cars). Heat race results: Heat One Top Three: Dillon Raffurty, David Raffurty, Michael Raffurty. Heat Two Top Three: Nathan Wolfe, Donnie Dannar, Jesse Wright. Heat Three Top Three: Brian Ziegler, Garrett Stonum, Tyler Furrell. A-Main Recap: Dillon Raffurty and Brian Ziegler began the 20-lap main event from row one as Raffurty set sail for his ninth feature win of the year. Caution flew at lap three for a single-car spin and again on the restart for a two-car spin. Dillon Raffurty pulled away from Father David Raffurty in second by lap seven with Ziegler third. Cody Miller moved to fourth by lap nine wit Donnie Dannar in fifth. Miller moved to third within two laps of the finish while Dannar also came forward. In the end, Dillon Raffurty recorded his ninth victory of the season going away over David Raffurty, Cody Miller, Donnie Dannar, Brian Ziegler, and Michael Raffurty.
B-Mod Results: (24 Cars). Heat race results: Heat One Top Three: Kameron Grindstaff, Cody Brill, Jeremy Lile. Heat Two Top Three: Jake Richards, Jacob Ebert, Stephen Clancy. Heat Race Three Top Three: Rod Cordon, Kyle Henning, Chris Brockway. Heat Race Four Top Three: Patrick Royalty, Cale Turner, Derek Nevels. A-Main Recap: Patrick Royalty and Jake Richards began the 20-lap main event from row one as Royalty led Richards through a series of cautions and restarts. By lap five, it was a two-car race between the leaders as Rod Cordon, Cody Brill, and Jacob Ebert battled inside the top five. Richards put heavy pressure on Royalty for the lead at lap seven while Ebert moved into third. Caution flew again at the halfway point as Royalty and Richards resumed their battle. By lap 13, Royalty stretched out his lead by a fourth of a straightaway. Unfortunately, cautions continued to plague the race as Royalty led through lap 16. One final caution setup a green, white, and checkered flag finish as Royalty powered his way to a fifth feature win this year. Richards was second followed by Steven Clancy from ninth on the grid to third. Rod Cordon, Jeremy Lile, and Chris Brockway completed the top six.
Street Stock Results: (12 Cars). Heat race results: Heat One Top Three: Nathan Vaughn, John Brooks, Devin Irvin. Heat Race Two Top Three: Brett Wood, Chris Kircher, Michael Mullins. A-Main Recap: For the main event, Brett Wood and Nathan Vaughn led the field to the green for the 15-lap race. Wood led the opening circuits as Vaughn had his hands full with John Brooks. Caution flew at lap two for a single-car spin as Vaughn powered his way to the front by lap two with Wood second, Brooks third, and Devin Irvin fourth. By lap ten, Vaughn guilt up a half straightaway lead over a fiercely contested battle for second between Brooks and Wood, behind them, Chris Kircher put heavy pressure on Irvin for fourth. As the field came to lap 13, Brooks took over second position as Irvin closed in on Wood for third. At the checkers, Vaughn rolled to his fifth feature victory and third in a row as Brooks crossed the finish line in a season-best second. Wood finished third with Irvin, Kircher, and Michael Mullins rounding out the top six.
A-Mod Results: (17 Cars). Heat race results: Heat One Top Three: Chad Lyle, Dalton Kirk, Rodney Schweizer. Heat Two Top Three: Tim Karrick, Kevin Blackburn, Buddy Benedict. Heat Three Top Three: Rick Beebe, Kameron Grindstaff, Kerry Davis. A-Main Recap: For the final event of the night, Dalton Kirk and Chad Lyle occupied the front row. Caution flew early on lap with Lyle leading the field back to green-flag action. By lap two, Karrick moved to second. Caution flew at lap three, four, and five. Lyle went back to work and by lap seven, opened a half straightaway lead over Karrick, Kirk, Kameron Grindstaff, and Kevin Blackburn. Racing for a spot in the top five heated up by lap 12 as Rick Beebe moved to fifth with Gunner Martin also moving forward to sixth. At the lap 20 marker, Lyle held a three-second lead over Karrick. Lyle had things well under control right through to the checkers to record his second main event win of the season. Karrick finished second with Kirk third. Gunner Martin advanced to fourth at the finish with Rick Beebe and Kameron Grindstaff completing the top six.
Kid’s Night at the races takes place next Saturday, August 3rd for kids ages 3 to 12. We have foot races for age groups and the winners get a backpack filled with school supplies, coupons, and memorabilia … kids receive a bag full of school supplies and various donated items and a free hot dog and drink from the track. Donations are being accepted to help make this night be a memorable one for the kids. Needed items include bikes, backpacks, race-related trinkets such as hero cards and photos, crayons, pens, pencils, scissors, rulers, glue, glue sticks, dry erase markers, colored markers, colored pencils, spiral notebook paper, and loose-leaf paper.” For our business donators, we look forward to your donated discount coupons and special offers to include in the goody bags for the kids. Donations may be dropped off at the tech barn on the pit side of the speedway by 10 a.m. on Saturday morning as the staff and volunteers will be stuffing the goody bags.
The Labor Day weekend special events are just a few weeks away at CMS. The weekend features back-to-back $1,000-to-win nights for B-Mod competitors, $3,000-to-win for A-Mods, and a National points-earning event for ULMA Late Models. In addition to those classes, the weekend also serves as the finale for the Lakeside Speedway and CMS co-sanctioned Top Gun Series featuring A-Mods, B-Mods, Pure Stocks, and E-Mods on Saturday. Additional classes in competition for the Labor Day weekend include Street Stocks on both Saturday and Sunday and Mod-Lites on Saturday. For complete information click on the special tab named LABOR DAY WEEKEND AT CMS at www.centralmissourispeedway.net.
The final points-earning night for weekly championship racing takes place on August 24th. The Labor Day weekend is a non-track points-earning night in all classes. The night will count towards the Top Gun Series points only. CMS recently announced it has waived the track registration fee for the remainder of the season. MS and Lakeside Speedway will host their season-ending championship banquet at the Elks Lodge in Blue Springs, Missouri on Saturday, November 9th. Additional ticketing and information will be released in the coming weeks regarding the banquet.
Follow CMS on Twitter @CMSgoing_green. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Missouri-Speedway. Join our email group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Find CMS on YouTube at CMS Going Green! As a reminder to all drivers and fans, CMS does not accept credit cards; however, there are two ATM machines available on-site, one on the front stretch, one on pit side.
US Hwy 13 north of Warrensburg is now under construction. According to the Johnson County EDC,” The City of Warrensburg is beginning construction of a new roundabout at the intersection of Business Route MO-13 and Hawthorne Blvd. This is just north of Walmart, Applebee’s and Aldi’s. There will be some temporary detours from time to time.” CMS suggests using the Hwy 13 north bypass east of Warrensburg from US Hwy 50 as an alternate route if coming to CMS from the south.
Central Missouri Speedway Business Partners Include: Cliff Harris Warrensburg Ford, Midwest Coatings, Classic Hits Power 97.7 FM, Logan Contractors Supply, Inc., Budweiser, Pepsi, Country 94.1 FM KFKF, Joslin’s Jewelry, Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station, KMMO FM 102.9, Seeburg Mufflers, World Finance, Batliner Recycling, Heartland Waste, Big O Tires, O’Reilly Auto Parts Warrensburg, RacinDirt.com, DQ Grill & Chill of Warrensburg, KMZU The Farm 100.7 FM and KRLI Country 103.9 FM, Brooks Automotive LLC, Kleinschmidt’s Western Store, OK Tire Stores, Elk Horn Tent and Canvas, Miller Lite, Zaxby’s Absolutely Craveable Chicken, Blue Springs Truck Line, OK Wheel Alignment, Elite Auto Repair, LJS Graphics, Eickleberry Concrete & Construction, Rick Darling Performance, JA Performance and Outdoor Services, Alternative Wire and Cable, Kenny’s Tile & Flooring, MFA Oil, Gator Graphics, Buffalo Wild Wings, B&D Transmission, Fastenal, D&M Plumbing, LLC, Mid-America Packaged Ice, and RockAuto.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Missouri Speedway
August 3rd – KFKF Country 94.1 FM and Kid’s Night – Weekly racing 13. Top Gun Series Begins!
August 10th – Logan Cont. Weekly Racing 14 (EM)
August 17th – Alternative Wire & Cable, Weekly Racing 15. Holden Chamber Night. (EM)
August 24th – Weekly Racing 16. (AM, SS, BM, ML, PS, EM)
August 31st – Seeburg Muffler Race Night, Labor Day Weekend. $1,000-to-win B-Mods. Night one A-Mod qualifying. Featuring AM, SS, BM, ML, PS, EM.
September 1st – (Sunday) Night 2, Labor Day Weekend. $1,000-to-win B-Mods. Night two A-Mod qualifying and $3,000-to-win. Featuring AM, BM, EM, ULMA.
September 20th – (Friday) Night 1, Third Annual Street Stock Showdown. Featuring SS, BM, ULMA.
September 21st – (Saturday) Night 2, Third Annual Street Stock Showdown. Featuring SS, BM, ML.
Main Event Results, 7/27/19
PURE STOCK A-Feature
PLACE START DRIVER POINTS
1. 1. Jason Ryun (27) Kansas City, Mo. 100
2. 2. Logan Headley (23) Lone Jack, Mo. 95
3. 9. Spencer Reiff (7) Kansas City, Mo. 91
4. 3. James Smith (03) Harrisonville, Mo. 87
5. 6. Darrin Christy (3B) Kansas City, Ks. 84
6. 11. Joey Harper (21) Buckner, Mo. 81
7. 16. Gale W Harper Jr (28Jr) Warrensburg, Mo. 78
8. 7. Jonathan Evans (89) Knob Noster, Mo. 76
9. 15. Scott Martin (12) Warrensburg, Mo. 74
DNF. 4. Kyle Rowland (5) Olathe, Ks. 72
DNF. 5. Gary Akers (13A) Independence, Mo. 70
DNF. 8. James K. Mirts (39) Auxvasse, Mo. 68
DNF. 13. Jimmie Workman (24) Concordia, Mo. 66
DNF. 10. Joshua Edward Helm (49SR) Odessa, Mo. 64
DNF. 12. Jeff Hardy (427) Sedalia, Mo. 62
DNS. 14. Cameron Kelly (30K) 45
MOD LITE A-Feature
PLACE START DRIVER POINTS
1. 1. Dillon Raffurty (46) Kansas City, Ks. 100
2. 6. David Raffurty (64) Kansas City, Mo. 95
3. 9. Cody Miller (7) Kansas City, Mo. 91
4. 5. Donnie Dannar (171) Lone Jack, Mo. 87
5. 2. Brian Ziegler (65Z) Bates City, Mo. 84
6. 10. Michael Raffurty (41) Kansas City, Mo. 81
7. 19. Justin Raffurty (75) Kansas City, Mo. 78
8. 3. Nathan Wolfe (3) Lee`s Summit, Mo. 76
9. 7. Garrett Stonum (4K) Lawson, Mo. 74
10. 12. Jeff Raffurty (98) Holt, Mo. 72
11. 4. Jesse Wright (67w) Peculiar, Mo. 70
12. 8. Tyler Furrell (34) Belton, Mo. 68
13. 13. Kevin White (33) De Soto, Ks. 66
14. 11. Cody Vail (8V) Louisburg, Ks. 64
15. 20. Travis Alexander (36) Tonganoxie, Ks. 62
16. 14. Kyle Jennings Guy (17) Leeton, Mo. 60
17. 15. Kellie Vail (12V) Louisburg, Ks. 58
18. 16. James Beebe (03) Pleasant Hill, Mo. 56
19. 17. Austin Tyler Robbie (71) Warrensburg, Mo. 55
DNF. 18. Jerry Taylor (14) Merriam, Ks. 54
DNF. 21. Joshua James Guy (2) Knob Noster, Mo. 53
B MOD A-Feature
PLACE START DRIVER POINTS
1. 1. Patrick Royalty (49) Kansas City, Ks. 100
2. 2. Jake Richards (7J) Lansing, Ks. 95
3. 9. Stephen Clancy (12c) Odessa, Mo. 91
4. 4. Rodney L Cordon (17) Independence, Mo. 87
5. 12. Jeremy Lile (05) Higginsville, Mo. 84
6. 10. Chris Brockway (03) Knob Noster, Mo. 81
7. 13. Donald R Marrs (9) Shawnee, Ks. 78
8. 15. Tyler Wood (7) Harrisonville, Mo. 76
9. 7. Kyle Henning (1) Atchinson, Ks. 74
10. 16. Jacob Callahan (27) Pleasant Hill, Mo. 72
11. 5. Cody Brill (96) Harrisonville, Mo. 70
12. 23. Richard Brainard (3B) Sedalia, Mo. 68
13. 21. Gary McGinnis (38) Blue Springs, Mo. 66
14. 14. Olen Stephens (12Jr) Warrensburg, Mo. 64
15. 18. Kenneth E McDonald Jr (25) Adrian, Mo. 62
16. 24. Robert Talley (8A) Holden, Mo. 60
DNF. 6. Cale Turner (66) Columbia, Mo. 58
DNF. 11. Derek Nevels (88N) Corder, Mo. 56
DNF. 17. William Riley Small (28s) Holden, Mo. 55
DNF. 8. Jacob Ebert (94) Oak Grove, Mo. 54
DNF. 20. Bobby Russell (00) Smithville, Mo. 53
DNF. 19. Dallas Heuser (15H) Corder, Mo. 52
DNF. 3. Kameron Grindstaff (14) Independence, Mo. 51
DNF. 22. Scott Pullen (08) Urich, Mo. 50
STREET STOCK A-Feature
PLACE START DRIVER POINTS
1. 2. Nathan Vaughn (12V) Sedalia, Mo. 100
2. 3. John Brooks (27) Warrensburg, Mo. 95
3. 1. Brett Wood (7) Warrensburg, Mo. 91
4. 5. Devin Irvin (67) Cleveland, Mo. 87
5. 4. Christopher Kircher (28K) Drexel, Mo. 84
6. 6. Michael Mullins (5E) Kingsville, Mo. 81
7. 9. James Allen Ngo (60) Independence, Mo. 78
8. 12. Jay Prevete (25xxx) Windsor, Mo. 76
9. 10. Clyde A Perryman (3P) Belton, Mo. 74
10. 7. Clifton Champney (6c) Holts Summit, Mo. 72
11. 8. Jerry Brown (67X) Hume, Mo. 70
12. 11. Randy Jester (51) Odesa, Mo. 68
PLACE START DRIVER POINTS
1. 2. Chad Lyle (16S) Oak Grove, Mo. 100
2. 5. Timothy W Karrick (1K) Basehor, Ks. 95
3. 1. Dalton Kirk (30) Wellsville, Ks. 91
4. 13. Gunner Martin (75) Sugar Creek, Mo. 87
5. 6. Rick Beebe (22B) Shawnee, Ks. 84
6. 4. Kameron Grindstaff (14) Independence, Mo. 81
7. 3. Kevin Blackburn (88) Fulton, Mo. 78
8. 11. Dustin Hodges (22H) Centralia, Mo. 76
9. 15. Dean K Wille (68) Warrensburg, Mo. 74
10. 7. Rodney Schweizer (74) Kansas City, Ks. 72
11. 16. Johnny Wyman (95JR) Fulton, Mo. 70
12. 9. Kerry Davis (86) Parkville, Mo. 68
13. 10. Terry Bivins (5x) Lebo, Ks. 66
14. 8. Buddy Benedict (86+2) Independence, Mo. 64
DNF. 14. Allan Lawrence (94) Gardner, Ks. 62
DNF. 12. Randall A Schiffelbein Jr (11Jr) Berryton, Ks. 60
DNF. 17. James Dean Eaton (24JR) Buckner, Mo. 58