Where: Magic Mile, DuQuoin State Fair, DuQuoin, Illinois
When: 9 pm ET/8 pm CT, Saturday, August 31, 2019
Television: MAVTV, Live
Track Length: 1 mile
Most Recent Winner: Logan Seavey, September 3, 2018, 66.330 miles per hour
Most Recent Pole Winner: Sheldon Creed, September 3, 2018, 113.190 miles per hour
Track Qualifying Record: Sheldon Creed, September 3, 2018, 113.190 miles per hour
• As it has at the Illinois State Fair, the ARCA Menards Series has sanctioned stock car racing at the DuQuoin State Fair every year since 1983. The first two races, in 1983 and 1984, were co-sanctioned with the United States Auto Club.
• The very first ARCA/USAC co-sanctioned races at DuQuoin were held in 1957, 1958, and 1959. Jerry Unser and Fred Lorenzen were the race winners.
• Thirty-six drivers have won stock car races at DuQuoin, twenty of which won ARCA-sanctioned races. Marshall Teague won the first stock car race, sanctioned by USAC, in 1956. Jerry Unser (1957), Fred Lorenzen (1958, 1959), Norm Nelson (1960, 1963, 1967, 1970), Paul Goldsmith (1961, 1962, 1965), Joe Leonard (1964), Don White (1966, 1968, 1978), A.J. Foyt (1969), Verlin Eaker (1971), Jack Bowsher (1972), Butch Hartman (1973, 1974, 1975), Bay Darnell (1976), Paul Feldner (1977), Rusty Wallace (1979), Sal Tovella (1980), Dean Roper (1981, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1994), Rick O’Brien (1982), David Goldberry (1984), Bob Keselowski (1988, 1989), Bob Brevak (1990), Bob Strait (1991), Bob Schacht (1992), Billy Thomas (1993, 1997, 1998, 2000), Bob Hill (1995, 1996), Jeff Finley (1999), Frank Kimmel (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008), Ton Stewart (2003), ken Schrader (2006, 2007, 2013), Parker Kligerman (2009), Steve Arpin (2010), Chris Buescher (2011), Grant Enfinger (2014, 2015), Tom Hessert III (2016), Austin Theriault (2017), and Logan Seavey (2018) are all DuQuoin stock car winners.
• There have been 27 General Tire Pole winners at DuQuoin dating back to 1957: Bobby Jacks, Tony Stewart, A.J. Fike, and Ken Schrader each led the way with three, Ken Rowley, Ben Hess, Billy Thomas, and Grant Enfinger each have two, and Bill Cheesbourg, Jimmy Bryan, Whitey Gerkin, Nelson Stacy, Lee Raymond, Rolf Helland, Jeremy Mayfield, Gary Bradberry, Joe Ruttman, Bob Hill, Mike Wallace, Bill Baird, Joe Cooksey, Bryan Tyler, Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., Ty Dillon, Mason Mitchell, Will Kimmel and Sheldon Creed each have one.
• Since 1983, ARCA Menards Series races at DuQuoin have been won from the General Tire Pole five times: Bob Hill (1996), Tony Stewart (2003), Ken Schrader (2006, 2013), and Grant Enfinger (2015).
• The deepest a winner has started in the field was 34th, by Parker Kligerman in 2009.
• Six drivers have earned their first ARCA Menards Series victory at DuQuoin: Jimmy Bryan (Sept. 1, 1957), Jeff Finley (Sept. 5, 1999), Logan Seavey (Sept. 3, 2019), Tony Stewart (Sept. 1, 2003), Billy Thomas (Sept. 5, 1993), and Jerry Unser (August 31, 1957). For all but Thomas, it is their only career ARCA victory.
• Six drivers also have earned their final or most recent ARCA Menards Series win at DuQuoin: Steve Arpin (Sept. 6, 2010), Bob Brevak (Sept. 2, 1990), Tom Hessert III (Sept. 4, 2016), Bob Hill (Sept. 1, 1996), Dean Roper (Sept. 4, 1994), and Billy Thomas (Sept. 3, 2000).
• The DuQuoin State Fair is held every year since 1923. The racetrack at the DuQuoin State Fair hosted the famed Hambletonian for trotters from 1957 through 1980, and then the World Trotting Derby from 1981 through 2009. No winners of the horse races have ever gone on to win one of the motorsports events at the track.
• Just like the Illinois State Fair in Springfield, they do not allow corn on the cob vendors to be placed anywhere near any sculptures made of butter at DuQuoin.
• The record for the most cautions in an ARCA Menards Series race at DuQuoin is 12, set in 2003 in a race won by Tony Stewart. The record for most laps under caution is 60, in a 200-mile race won by David Goldsberry in 1984. The record for the fewest cautions is 3, set in 1983 in a race won by Dean Roper.
• The record for the most lead changes in an ARCA Menards Series race at DuQuoin is eleven, set in 1996 in a race won by Bob Hill. The record for fewest lead changes is one, set in 2009 in a race won by Parker Kligerman.