16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 Set To Rumble

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
West Plains, MO (5/21/08) – Less than 24 hours remain until the 16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 rumbles to life at Don and Billie Gibson’s West Plains Motor Speedway in West Plains, Missouri.

Facility staff has been busy for the past week preparing the grounds and racing surface for the impending invasion of fans and racers. Campers began arriving at the facility as early as last Sunday, and haulers started arriving on site on Wednesday. The 2008 edition of the event pays an earth-shattering $42,000 to win and $4,200 to start for Super Late Models and will once again attract many of the nation’s top drivers.

Headlining the list of entries for this weekend is the defending and three time champion, Wendell Wallace, from Batesville, Arkansas. Wallace is focused on making it three straight wins in the mega-event. However several former champions have their sights on preventing that from happening including Billy Moyer (Arkansas), Scott Bloomquist (Tennessee), Terry Phillips (Missouri), Freddy Smith (Tennessee), and Ray Cook (North Carolina).

Joining the previous champions in pursuit of Wallace are some of the nation’s best drivers including Earl Pearson Jr. (Florida), Jimmy Mars (Wisconsin), Brian Birkhofer (Iowa), Tim McCreadie (New York), Brandon Kinzer (Kentucky), Jimmy Owens (Tennessee), Darren Miller (Illinois), Brady Smith (Wisconsin), Rick Eckert (Pennsylvania), John Gill (Indiana), Bill Frye (Arkansas), Skip Arp (Tennessee), Earl Pearson Jr. (Florida), Steve Francis (Kentucky), Brian Shirley (Illinois), John Blankenship (West Virginia), Clint Smith (Georgia), Bart Hartman (Ohio), Dan Schlieper (Wisconsin), Shannon Babb (Illinois), Josh Richards (West Virginia), and many more!
The 16th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Show Me 100 will get underway on Thursday, May 22nd with the traditional practice night event that will include test and tune time from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. The popular BBQ Dinner with the drivers and crews will follow. The dinner is free to everyone with a pit pass and grandstand spectators are welcome to join for a modest $7.50 ticket fee.
Friday night will feature time trials and six heat races for the Super Late Models. The quick qualifier in the Super Late Models will receive a $2,000 check courtesy of Larry Shaw Race Cars, Mark Martin Ford, Mark Martin Chevrolet, and S & H Industrial. 2007 saw Show-Me 100 veteran, Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg, Tennessee pick up the $1,900 bonus check for setting fast time around the 3/8 mile oval. The top three finishers in each heat race will move on to Saturday night’s main event. The balance of the field in each of the heats will move on to one of three Super Late Model consolation events on Saturday night. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $500 to win in an unsanctioned event sponsored by New Vision Graphics based out of Batesville, Arkansas.
On Saturday night, the Miller Brothers Coal Race of Champions, the Manufacturer’s Dash, and three consolation events will be held for the Super Late Models in addition to the 100 lap Show Me finale. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $1,250 to win in an unsanctioned event sponsored by New Vision Graphics and Larry Shaw Race Cars.
Grandstand admission for Thursday night’s practice is free. Adult general admission for Friday night is $20 for adults, children age 7-11 $10, and children 6 and under are free. Adult general admission for Saturday night is $25, children age 7-11 $12.50, and children 6 and under are free.
Pit admission is $20 on Thursday night and $35 on Friday and Saturday night.
Reserved tickets can be ordered from the offices of Gibson Racing or at the track. Reserved front stretch seating is priced at $50 for the event.
The entry fee for the 16th Annual O'Reilly Show-Me 100 $275. An on-site campground is available free of charge, but no electric hook-ups are available. For additional information and to see a seating diagram visit the track website at www.WestPlains-Speedway.com or call the business offices at (870) 994-7447.
Sponsors for the 15th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 include O’Reilly Auto Parts, Hoosier Race Tires, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, New Vision Graphics, Miller Brothers Coal, Hatfield Racing Engines, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Hawkeye Racing News, GRT Race Cars, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Mark Martin Ford and Mark Martin Chevrolet, S&H Industrial, MidSouthRacing.com, and MSRMafia.com.
16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 Schedule of Events
West Plains Motor Speedway
West Plains, Missouri
May 22nd – 24th, 2008

Schedule of Events

Thursday, May 22nd
3:00pm Pits Open – Admission $20 Includes BBQ Dinner
5:00pm Grandstands Opens, Admission Free, BBQ Dinner Tickets Available $7.50
7:00-9:30pm Drivers Test, Tech, & Tune
9:30pm BBQ Dinner with Drivers & Crews in the Blue Expo Building

Friday, May 23rd
All Day Pits & Grandstands Open – You’re Invited To Visit Early!!!!
4:00pm Pits Closed & Cleared
4:30pm Pits Open, Admission $35
Grandstands Closed & Cleared
5:00pm Grandstands Open, Adult General Admission $20, Children 7-11 $10
Reserved Seating 2-Day Event Ticket $50
3:00-6:00pm Tech Inspection – Drivers must have their cars cleared through Blue Expo Tech Area By 6:30pm
6:30pm Cut-off time for Driver’s Draw
7:00-7:45pm Hotlaps
8:00pm Modified Heats – Line-up position determined by Driver’s Pill Draw at Sign-In Late Model Time Trials, timing order determined by Driver’s Draw at Sign-In New Vision Graphics non-sanctioned Modified $500 to Win Feature Late Model Heats

Saturday, May 24th
All Day Pits & Grandstands Open – You’re Invited To Visit Early!!!!
3:00 Pits Closed & Cleared
3:30 Pit Open, Admission $35
4:00pm Grandstands Closed & Cleared
4:30pm Grandstands Open, Adult General Admission $25, Children 7-11 $12.50
5:00pm Driver’s Autograph Session in Grandstand Area
6:30pm Driver’s Meeting
7:15pm Opening Ceremony
Modified Heats – Line-Up determined by Drivers Draw at Sign-In
Late Model Manufacturer’s Dash For Cash
Miller Brothers Coal Late Model Race of Champions
Modified B-Features
Late Model Last Chance Races