1977 Ford F-150 4x4 Sand drag

Bryan

1977 Ford F-150 4x4 Sand Drag Truck
Asking 7500.00 Price reduced check it out on e-bay!!!!!

Also listed on E-Bay with photos. http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296...site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=140235633316&lk=URL

I will answer any questions and would be happy to show you the truck. I have tried to list as much as I can.

Engine: 460 Cid bored 30 over, Keith Black Flat top pistons, stock rods.
Aluminum 75 cc Edelbrock performer RPM heads, Crane Gold 1:73 roller rockers, screw in head studs, Trick Flow one piece push rods, Comp Cam lifters and cam 560/560.
Aluminum Weiand Stealth intake and 950 Proform carb with mech/ secondary’s,
Heddman Hustler fender exit headers. Runs good on 110 octane it might run better on a higher octane but I never tried it.

Transmission is a C-6 fresh rebuild with the heavier bands and clutches, new E4OD planetaries and hardened input shaft. Torque convertor is a 2500 stall with anti ballooning plates and new scatter shield. New TCI reverse pattern valve body and trans brake. It uses Royal Blue transmission fluid. Actually all the fluids are Royal Purple.

Front and rear have full spools and the gears are 4:10 front and 4:11 rear with the rear having been narrowed and set up with Strange axles, custom four link and coil over magnum shocks. Front end is for the most part stock and retains the power steering.

The paddle tires are no longer with the truck because they were too small. It needs a 16 to 17 inch wide tire with staggered paddles to hook up better. The 14.50s would not hold it very well.

Everything has been done well. All grade eight or aircraft grade bolts where needed and the four link bars are double tube chrome molly. (one tube welded inside another) very strong!

Shifter is a B&M Pro ratchet and has a Shift-noid electric solenoid and a two shift control module. It will shift all the gears, not just one.
The truck has an aluminum 10 gallon fuel cell with braided stainless fuel lines from the tank to the engine.

New radiator, electric cooling fan and new transmission cooler. Most everything on the truck is recent and it is in very good condition. It was until about 2 years ago, fully restored and driven on the street. The body is in good shape and could even be put back on the street if so desired. Keep in mind it has been gutted for racing though.

The only thing the truck needs at this point is for the rear inner fenders to be finished and a roll bar installed. I never got around to doing it. The truck as it is will run a 5.43. Put a bigger set tires on it and it would more than likely hit a low 5. Lighten it up some more and possibly get into the high 4’s. It has made only 8 passes since the heads and most recent work was done. That was in October of 2007.

I moved away from where I used to race and there isn’t a sanctioned track closer than about 250 miles. I really don’t want to sell it, but I won’t put it in the mud so my options are limited.

I’m not going to give it away so but I will negotiate a little. Like I said almost everything is new or very near it. The truck starts right up, idles and runs great.

There are a set of old tires on wide 5 wheels on it now so I can move it around. The wheels on the back are 14X15 wide fives and go with it as well. There may be a few odds and ends for it that I will include, nothing to dramatic other than a few spare parts. There is an extra NP 205 transfer case that goes with it. Everything I have will go with the truck. Helmet and things like that.

Asking 8500.00

The truck was raced at Bonne Terre sand drags. I will send photos to you and answer any questions you may have. This is a nice truck and tons of fun. I just dont have a place around here to run it. The truck is located in southeast Texas right now. I run the engine regularly and move it around some but it needs a place to play.

Back