Advance Show Me 100 Tickets at O’Reillys; Early Entry Deadline This Thursday

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
West Plains, Missouri (4/28/08) – Once again in 2008, race fans are able to purchase advance tickets for the 16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 at their local O’Reilly Auto Parts store.

With the 16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 less than one month away, anticipation is starting to increase for one of Super Late Model racing’s pinnacle events. $42,000 will go to the winner of this year’s event with an eye-popping $4,200 just to start. Fans can now get a jump on preparation for the event by going into their local O’Reilly Auto Parts store and purchasing advanced tickets for the event. Over the past few years, this option has become extremely popular with fans as it allows them to bypass the ticket line at the race track, which at times can be long due to the high attendance of the event. To purchase your advanced tickets just go into your local O’Reilly Auto Parts, and go to the service counter and request your tickets today! Fans can also call the West Plains Motor Speedway business office at (870) 994-7447 to order by phone.

Racers are also reminded that the early entry deadline for the event is this Thursday, May 1st, 2008. Entry by this date is only $225 with the entry fee increasing to $275 after May 1st. Drivers are encouraged to file their entry before the May 1st deadline to save money, and entry forms can be obtained by calling (870) 994-7447.

A total purse exceeding $200,000 is just one of the many reasons that the nation’s best drivers converge on the 3/8 mile, clay oval each year. Wendell Wallace from Batesville, Arkansas picked up his third O’Reilly Show Me 100 (second straight) win in 2007, and will be back to defend his title in 2008. West Plains Motor Speedway is one of the nation’s premier facilities, top to bottom, and fans and drivers alike are treated like family at each and every event.

Entries continue to roll in for this earth-shaking event and include three time event champion, Billy Moyer from Batesville, Arkansas. Moyer was the inaugural Show Me 100 Champion in 1993 and has taken home the first place check three different times (1993, 1994, and 1996). Scott Bloomquist from Mooresburg, Tennessee, who is the only four time winner of the event (1995, 2003, 2004, 2005) has also filed his entry. Terry Phillips from Springfield, Missouri was the 1999 champion of the event and has filed an entry for himself as well as his teammate, Jeremy Payne. Some of the other notable early entries include Jimmy Owens (Tennessee), John Blankenship (West Virginia), Rick Eckert (Pennsylvania), Bill Frye (Arkansas), John Gill (Indiana), Kyle Beard (Arkansas), Brad Neat (Kentucky), Brian Shirley (Illinois), Dan Schlieper (Wisconsin), Brandon Kinzer (Kentucky), Darren Miller (Illinois), and Brady Smith (Wisconsin).

Jill George from Cedar Rapids, Iowa has made history as the first female driver to enter a Show Me 100 event. Other early entrants, who have thus far indicated that they will be making their first Show Me 100 bids in 2008 are Chris Wall (Louisiana), Jeff Davis (New Mexico), and Ray Moore (Louisiana).

Don Gibson is notorious for preparing one of the smoothest and raciest surfaces in the nation. Don had to have open heart surgery in the off season, but he has made a full recovery and is rejuvenated at the thought of the action-packed, 2008 racing season at West Plains Motor Speedway and the 16th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100.

The format for the 16th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Show Me 100 will get underway on Thursday, May 22nd with the traditional practice night event that will include test and tune time from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. The popular BBQ Dinner with the drivers and crews will follow. The dinner is free to everyone with a pit pass and grandstand spectators are welcome to join for a modest $7.50 ticket fee.

Friday night will feature time trials and six heat races for the Super Late Models. The quick qualifier in the Super Late Models will receive a $1,900 check. 2007 saw Show-Me 100 veteran, Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg, Tennessee pick up $1,900 for setting fast time around the 3/8 mile oval. The top three finishers in each heat race will move on to Saturday night’s main event. The balance of the field in each of the heats will move on to one of three Super Late Model consolation events on Saturday night. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $500 to win in an unsanctioned event sponsored by New Vision Graphics based out of Batesville, Arkansas.

On Saturday night, the Race of Champions, the Manufacturer’s Dash, and three consolation events will be held for the Super Late Models in addition to the 100 lap Show Me finale. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $750 to win in an unsanctioned event sponsored by New Vision Graphics.

Grandstand admission for Thursday night’s practice is free. Adult general admission for Friday night is $20 for adults, children age 7-11 $10, and children 6 and under are free. Adult general admission for Saturday night is $25, children age 7-11 $12.50, and children 6 and under are free.

Pit admission is $20 on Thursday night and $35 on Friday and Saturday night.

Reserved tickets can be ordered from the offices of Gibson Racing or at the track. Reserved front stretch seating is priced at $50 for the event.

The entry fee for the 16h Annual O'Reilly Show-Me 100 is $225 if received by May 1st, and $275 after this date. An on-site campground is available free of charge, but no electric hook-ups are available. For additional information and to see a seating diagram visit the track website at www.WestPlains-Speedway.com or call the business offices at (870) 994-7447.

Sponsors for the 15th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 include O’Reilly Auto Parts, Hoosier Race Tires, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, New Vision Graphics, Hatfield Racing Engines, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Hawkeye Racing News, MidSouthRacing.com, and MSRMafia.com.

Back