Big Frog Motorsports and Tyler Clem Show Weekend Speed at BRP

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Pair of Top-5 Finishes During Chevrolet World Championship Week

Ocala, Florida (03/04/19) – Big Frog Motorsports and Tyler Clem went into battle over the weekend with their M&W Transport No. 58 Dave’s Towing/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine during the Chevrolet Performance World Championship Week.

Clem bagged a pair of Top-5 finishes in the first two rounds before suffering a heartbreaking DNF in the big finale.

“Our car had so much speed all weekend, and then it was really good on Saturday night,” Clem said. “We led the first 25 or so laps of the $10,000 race, and then after the first caution the car just didn’t want to go. Not sure if the tire sealed up or what under caution, but it was a tough one to swallow. Even though we aren’t totally sure what went wrong, I feel like I let the team down. I appreciate Big Frog Motorsports for giving me the chance to get back behind the wheel. I look forward to running more events for them later this year.”

On Friday night Tyler Clem hopped behind the wheel of the Big Frog Motorsports No. 58 Crate Late Model to kick off the final rounds of the Bubba Army Winternationals at Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, Florida).

In a field of 26 Durrence Layne Winter Shootout Series entries, Tyler recorded the ninth-fastest time in qualifying before streaking to a 10-lap consolation victory. Earning the ninth-starting position for the opening night feature, Clem improved five spots to place fourth behind Kyle Bronson, Walker Arthur, and Logan Roberson with Nick Hoffman coming in fifth.

The following night, Clem laid down the second-fastest time in qualifying, positioning him 2nd on the starting grid for the A-Main. With $2,000 on the line, Tyler dropped three positions to notch a fifth-place finish behind Nick Hoffman, Jake Knowles, Devin Dixon, and Kyle Bronson.

For Saturday night’s Chevrolet Performance World Championship finale, Tyler secured his spot into the $10,000-to-win finale with a 10-lap heat race victory. Jumping out to the lead early, Clem held the top spot for the first 24 circuits until Kyle Bronson slipped past. After a handful of late-race restarts, Tyler Clem was an early retiree from the 100-lap affair on lap 74. He was credited with a 15th-place finish.

For full results from these events, please visit www.DurrenceLayneRacing.com .

Big Frog Motorsports is currently working on their upcoming schedule. An announcement on a new driver addition to the team’s stable will likely be released in the next week. For the latest team news, please visit www.BigFrogMotorsports.com .

Big Frog Motorsports would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Dave's Towing, Big Frog Shocks, Ocala Tractor, Southway Crane Service, M&W Transport, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffers Oil, Racecar Engineering, Wilwood Brakes, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis, Sunoco Race Fuels, Clements Racing Engines, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Race Tire by Brian, Daytona Sensors LLC, Schoenfeld Headers, COMP Cams, AR Bodies, Vahlco Wheels, Leaf Firesuits, JE Pistons, Red Line Oil, NGK Spark Plugs, Fast Shafts, Callies Race Products, Superior Bearings, Ferrea Valves, Butlerbuilt Seats, C&R Racing, Leaf Racewear, Collins Signs & Trophies and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Big Frog Motorsports please visit www.BigFrogMotorsports.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back