Cannon McIntosh Fires Off POWRi Midget Title Pursuit with Turnpike Challenge this Week!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lonnie Wheatley, BIXBY, Okla. (March 20, 2019) – After capturing his first career USAC National Midget triumph little more than a week ago, 16-year-old Cannon McIntosh launches his pursuit of the Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget title with this week’s “Turnpike Challenge” events in Oklahoma.

McIntosh will wheel the Dave Mac Motorsports Toyota-TRD Spike No. 08 Midget over four nights beginning on Thursday at Sapulpa’s Creek County Speedway before moving on to Oklahoma City’s I-44 Riverside Speedway on Friday and Saturday and then wrapping up the week on Sunday at Tulsa’s Port City Raceway.

McIntosh has turned laps at each track, picking up a POWRi West victory at I-44 Riverside Speedway last year and cutting his racing teeth in the micro ranks at Port City.

“We’re excited about it, these are tracks that I have run at quite a bit so hopefully we can get off to good start this week,” McIntosh commented.

While McIntosh has the POWRi title in his sights, Dave Mac Motorsports teammate Kaylee Bryson will be gunning for Rookie of the Year honors.

“I guess I’m not eligible for Rookie of the Year, but that actually works out alright,” McIntosh says. “I can focus on going for the championship and Kaylee can go after Rookie of the Year, it would be great if we can get both.”

McIntosh is back in Midget action for the first time since leading 40 of 50 laps to win the USAC Midget “Shamrock Classic” at Du Quoin’s Southern Illinois Center on March 9.

After battling back past reigning USAC champ Logan Seavey on the 30th lap, McIntosh moved to the topside of turns one and two over the final circuits to stall the charges of Zeb Wise and Chad Boat.

“I knew I heard someone up there, I jumped up there at the perfect time,” McIntosh recalls.

Taking little time to relish the triumph, McIntosh took in some Micro Sprint action at Port City Raceway this past weekend, posting four top-tens and three among the top five including a runner-up non-wing finish from 11th.

Now, attention shifts to the Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget series this week.

Along with Toyota-TRD, other marketing partners making the 2019 slate of events possible includes Sanders and Associates, Car and Fleet, Mobil 1, Speedway Engine Development, Best Graphics, Fieldhouse Gear, Precision Inspection, Panels by Smoke, Walker Performance, Sanders Wheels, American Discount Brake and Muffler, D&N Fabrication, Darling Ingredients, PJ’s and Hinds Family.

2019 Quick Stats: 12 races, 1 win, 5 top-fives, 6 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget “Turnpike Challenge” on March 21-24 at Creek County Speedway in Sapulpa (March 21), I-44 Riverside Speedway in Oklahoma City (March 22-23) and Port City Raceway (March 24). Those unable to attend the events in person can catch all the action live via PPV on www.speedshifttv.com.

Keep Track: Keep track of Cannon McIntosh’s on-track action including schedule and results at https://www.facebook.com/cmacracing/.

If you would like Cannon McIntosh Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Back