Casebolt Racing Finishes Season with 2 Wins and a 2nd Place Finish

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
RICHMOND, IN (November 16th, 2010) - Casebolt Racing has officially called it a season for 2010. The team finished the season in grand style as they competed at KC Raceway's Trick or Treat 50.

KC is always on the top of the list for Casebolt Racing as they have won many races there over the passed few seasons. After starting 7th in the main event Casebolt charged to the front of the talent laden field by the fourth lap.

Steve lead the race until lap 31 when Jason Montgomery of nearby Jackson, Ohio took the lead that he would never relinquish. "Jason was extremely good when the track started to take rubber, he had on some harder tires than we did and to hang on and get a few chances to pass him back was a big accomplishment", said Steve.

Steve made 2 nearly successful bids at passing the regional standout driver back but just missed his 3rd win in a row by a few car lengths. "To come to KC and outrun 57 other drivers and finish in 2nd place after back to back wins on two previous weekends was a great way to end our season.

"Our year made a turn for the worst around midseason and it got to where we couldn't do much of anything right. We were very fortunate to pick up the late season wins and good runs in order to have a better winter and be more excited about the 2011 season."

"I have said it a lot this season but Dixie Chopper and all of our product sponsors are extremely valuable to the success of this team. I hope the momentum we built at the end of the year can remain with us for 2011 and we can continue to do a good job promoting everyone that is a part of our team."

The team competed in 64 events in 17 different states for the 2010 season. Steve and company won 5 races and finished 8th in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series national points.

A near miss at a coveted crown jewel event took place at Lucas Oil Speedway's Dart Show-Me 100. Steve started 24th and charged to the lead by lap 76. Steve had a commanding lead on lap 89 when disaster struck and driveline failure cost the team a $30,000 win.

"All in all I would call 2010 a success. Had we won the Show-Me race it would have been right up there with one of my best seasons ever. We will work hard this winter and try to make something big happen in 2011. We plan on competing as many or more times than we did this season, so we'll see how it goes", said Steve. The team's schedule for 2011 is undecided at this point but Steve intends to keep the schedule at 65 races or more.

For more information on Steve Casebolt and his race team be sure to check out official website at www.stevecasebolt.com.

Steve Casebolt would like to thank his sponsors for their support in the 2010 season: Dixie Chopper, Allstar Performance, American Racer, Arizona Sport Shirts, Bazell Race Fuels, Bell, Bert Transmission, Beyea Custom Headers, Cornett Racing Engines, Dart Machinery, Delph Communications, Dyers Top Rods, Five Star Race Car Bodies, Fel-Pro Performance Gaskets, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hooker Harness, Hypercoils, Integra Racing Shocks, JE Pistons, Jones Racing Product, KB Carburetors, Lias Tire, Mason Racin', MasterSbilt Race Cars, Out-Pace Racing Products, Peterson Fluid Systems, Port City Racing, Quarter Master, Scott Performance Wire, Shain Custom Decals, TWM Racing, Sunoco Race Fuels, Sweet Manufacturing, and Wiles Driveshafts

Back