Chris Brown Bags $10,000 Prize in Street Stock World Championship

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Spring, Texas (10/18/16) – Chris Brown may have limited starts in a Street Stock throughout his career, but that didn’t stop him from picking up the $10,000 victory on Saturday in NeSmith Performance Street Stock World Championship at Golden Isles Speedway.
“The whole sequence of events from us getting the idea to build a car to actually building the car to me racing it just seems like a blur,” laughed Brown. “We literally came up with the idea to build this car about four weeks ago. A lot of people thought we were crazy, and that there was no way we would get it done in time, but we did – and we won.”
Brown concluded by saying, “I just want to thank everyone that helped make this possible. So many people worked tirelessly to turn this crazy idea into a reality, and I want to thank them all for the opportunity. I would like to thank car owner Jesse McNorton, Innovative Race Cars, Hendren Race Engines, Performance Graphix, Afco Brakes, Beyea Headers, Fast Shafts, Day Motorsports, AR Bodies, Shocks by Chris Brown Racing, Keyser Manufacturing, Wehrs Machine, and Hoosier Tire. This was truly a group effort.”
Behind the wheel of the Innovative Race Car #17B Street Stock, Chris Brown headed to Golden Isles Speedway (Brunswick, Georgia) on Friday night for the two-day, inaugural NeSmith Street Stock World Championship.

With 50 cars registered for the Showdown on the Coast, Brown started the weekend by setting overall fast time and then backing it with a heat race win, which positioned him on the pole for the main event on Saturday night. Bringing home his first victory of the season, Brown outdueled a talented field of competitors in the finale to pick up a $10,000 payday.

Full results from the event are available at www.GoldenIslesSpeedway.com .
Next on tap for Chris will be a trip to Southern New Mexico Speedway (Las Cruces, New Mexico) on October 20-23 to compete in the 17[sup]th[/sup] annual USRA Modified Fall Nationals. The event will be capped by a $10,000-to-win finale. For more information on the event, please visit www.SNMSpeedway.com .

For the latest information on Chris Brown please visit www.ChrisBrownRacing.com .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia Marketing & Website Services - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back