Condolences to the family and friends of Kenny Shrum

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Racing legend Kenny Shrum passed away last night.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Kenny dominated the local dirt tracks in the 50s and 60s. Winning many features at Lake Hill Speedway, St. Charles Speedway, Belle-Clair Speedway, Tri-City Speedway as well as many others...

Last edited:
0IMG_2515.jpg
0IMG_2516.jpg
0IMG_2554.jpg
0IMG_2555.jpg
0IMG_2556.jpg
0IMG_2557.jpg

Rest in Peace Kenny you definitely be missed. I always enjoyed the racing stories and knowledge from Kenny and the privilege of helping with the old willys at a few vintage races.

Kenny Shrum’s Service is at Paul's Funeral Home on 1/27/19 from 11am-1pm, service to follow immediately after. Paul's Funeral Home
240 North Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO. 63301

Also: there is a 20 minute service taking place on 1/17/19 at The Veteran's home at 3pm. This is a final farewell from The Veteran's and staff, who loved him like their own family!

I remember seeing Shrum race when I was a kid. First at Lake Hill and the later at Tri City. I was a fan. I last saw him at the Lake Hill Reunion and to me he looked just about the same. Sorry to hear that he passed away he seemed like a nice man.

Great race car pictures too. Doesn't it look like he's got the L-88 heads on his big Chevy? Check out the header on the last modified picture it looks like a Tri-Y setup.

Here are few more pics of Kenny

Attachments

• kenny trophy 001.jpg
    kenny trophy 001.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 307
  • kenny 001.jpg
    kenny 001.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 514

Back