Crouch Earns Hard Charger Award After Rallying From 20th to Sixth During John Hinck Championship

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SWEET SPRINGS, Mo. (July 9, 2020) - Brenham Crouch turned a lot of heads last Saturday during the John Hinck Championship.

Crouch overcame a tough opening night and rallied from 20th to sixth during the $20,000-to-win finale on Saturday at Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex, where nearly 100 competitors tackled the winged outlaw micro sprint spectacle.

60c108ad-7bcd-42f3-9eb7-a0566480a652.jpg
Crouch only had five starts in the division prior to the doubleheader, which began on Friday with some misfortune in a heat race.

"The first night we started third and had a three-way battle for the lead the first couple of laps in the heat race," he said. "We had a restart and the pin came out of the brake caliper so I didn't have any brakes. I ended up pulling off after a caution."

The DNF in the heat race relegated him to the back of a qualifier. Crouch maneuvered from 19th to 11th, but missed out on a spot in the Last Chance Qualifier by only two positions.

The speed remained for Crouch on Saturday as he advanced from third to second place in a heat race and from fourth to second place in a qualifier to rank 20th in points, which locked him into the marquee main event.

"There was a lot on the line for Saturday," he said. "Running well in the heat race and qualifier gave me a lot of confidence for the A Main. With all the moisture in the track and it being so humid there you could see everything start to tack up on its own. The top really rolled in. I mostly stayed up there. The only time I'd go to the bottom was if I had to slide somebody, but I didn't spend much time on the bottom."

Crouch hustled to a sixth-place showing, which earned the Hard Charger Award for passing the most cars.

"I felt real good for where we started," he said. "Starting that far back motivated me, especially with a big payout on the line. I passed a lot of really good drivers. It was great to be able to show that kind of speed on that big of a stage."

Crouch will return to a Keith Kunz Motorsports midget this Friday at Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kan., and Saturday and Sunday at Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo., with the POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget League. It will be his debut at both tracks.

"I've learned that I have to drive the thing a lot harder," he said. "If you think you're driving it hard, you have to drive it 10 times harder. That's coming from Buddy (Kofoid) and he's one of the best in the midget right now. There's a lot of good guys there so you have to stay aggressive."

QUICK RESULTS -

July 3 - Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex in Sweet Springs, Mo. - Heat race: 8 (3); Qualifier: 11 (19).

July 4 - Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex in Sweet Springs, Mo. - Heat race: 2 (3); Qualifier: 2 (4); Feature: 6 (20).

SEASON STATS -

32 races, 1 win, 7 top fives, 16 top 10s, 21 top 15s, 25 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday at Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kan., and Saturday and Sunday at Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo., with the POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget League

MEDIA LINKS -

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brenhamcrouch/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/brenhamcrouch1

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Lubbock Wrecker Service

Lubbock Wrecker Service has over 50 years of collective experience providing heavy duty, medium duty, and light vehicle towing. They provide full staff manning their facility 24 hours a day, rain or shine. For more information, visit https://lubbockwrecker.com/.

"I had a chance to go to Lubbock and visit Scott Brown and Chad Wilson with Lubbock Wrecker Service in the offseason and their whole program is exceptional," Crouch said. "It's second to none. From all of their wreckers, meaning rotators, all the way down to their own race car team, everything is so precise and well taken care of. They really care about the quality they put their name behind."

Crouch would also like to thank Hi-Plains Building Division, Hi-Plains Electric, Wilson Wrecker Service, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Lineman Motorsports, Simpson Race Products, Mychron-Tom, CMS Promotions, Bell Helmets, Driven Performance, Driven Midwest, CSI Shocks, Swindell Bleeders, Outlaw Wings, Smith Titanium and Joey Starnes Racing for their continued support.

Back