Daniel Ready to Return to Knoxville Raceway for 410 Debut at Track

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - MESQUITE, Texas (April 18, 2019) - Mason Daniel is looking forward to returning to one of his favorite tracks this weekend following the conclusion of his early-season stint with the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series.

"I'm definitely excited to go back to Knoxville," he said. "We ran really well there last year and I think we learned a lot. It'll be exciting to see how it all plays out."

5eb4d458-d8ef-41e1-bb61-33b7279c58c1.jpg
Daniel comes into the season opener at the half-mile oval in Knoxville, Iowa, on the heels of another valuable learning experience last weekend with the World of Outlaws at Devil's Bowl Speedway. He qualified 20 th quickest and finished eighth in a heat race. Daniel made the main event by placing third in the Last Chance Showdown.

Daniel capped the night by advancing from 21st to 19 th in the A Main on a track that was rubber down very early. His finish wraps up an early season run with the Outlaws as part of his rookie season in a 410ci winged sprint car.

"Devil's Bowl definitely had a lot of character," he said. "I've never raced at a track that was so vastly different from end to end. It was tough to get used to, but we improved throughout the night. We'll chalk this one up as a learning experience and move on to Knoxville."

Saturday's event finale rained out at Devil's Bowl Speedway.

This Saturday will mark Daniel's first time racing a 410 sprint car at Knoxville Raceway. With a 360 win to his credit in 2018 and the winningest driver in the history of Knoxville Raceway -Danny Lasoski - as his crew chief, Daniel has many reasons to be confident.

"Having Danny around definitely means a lot," Daniel said. "I trust his input completely and we got up to speed fast in the 360. I hope to repeat that in the 410."

Although Daniel plans to run the opening event at Knoxville Raceway, he is not committed to running the whole schedule at this time. The team has no locked down commitments to any track or series, but if he runs well this weekend it's all subject to change.

"It's going to be fun racing the 410 field at Knoxville," Daniel said. "There are a lot of fast guys and I'm excited to see where we stack up against them."

QUICK RESULTS -

April 12 - Devil's Bowl Speedway in Mesquite, Texas - Qualifying: 20; Heat race: 8 (7); B Main: 3 (3); Feature: 19 (21).

SEASON STATS -

17 races, 0 wins, 0 top fives, 0 top 10s, 2 top 15s, 4 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday at Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MasonDRacing

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Valley Pacific

Valley Pacific has supplied high-quality, competitively priced fuels and lubricants throughout California since 1947. For more information, visit http://www.VPPS.net.

"Every step of the way from micros to midgets to sprint cars they've helped us," Daniel said. "We're grateful to have a long-term relationship with everyone at Valley Pacific."

Daniel would like to thank Young's Commercial Transfer, Dillon Risk Management, BTC Bank, King Racing Products, QA1 Rod Ends, Stevie Smith Titanium, Wings Unlimited, Bell Helmets, Golden State Peterbilt, Fresno Truck Center and Suncrest Bank for their continued support.

Back