Dennis Erb, Jr. Breaks Through at Whynot for $15,000 Fall Classic Triumph!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(CARPENTERSVILLE, ILLINOIS) After years of near misses at Whynot Motorsports Park, including setting Fast Times, winning heat races, leading laps, and consistently knocking down top five finishes, Dennis Erb, Jr. finally broke through at the Meridian, Mississippi oval on Saturday night, October 24 to pick up the $15,000 win in the 26th edition of the Coors Light 'Fall Classic!' On Friday during preliminary action, Dennis clicked off the fastest lap in Group B during qualifying and later won his loaded heat race to secure the outside of the front row for Saturday's 100-lap grand finale.

The Carpentersville, Illinois ace led early in the extra-distance affair before swapping the top spot with both Cade Dillard and Tyler Erb. Dennis wound up leading the unsanctioned contest on three different occasions and secured the point for good when unrelated Tyler Erb stopped on the track with mechanical woes on the 66th circuit. He then led the final 34 laps and crossed the finish line 2.049 seconds ahead of Cade Dillard, Spencer Hughes, Dane Dacus, and Jason Hiett to claim his third overall win of 2020! Full results from the 'Fall Classic' weekend can be accessed online at www.whynotmotorsportspark.com.

“It feels really good to get a big win again – especially at Whynot,” exclaimed Erb, Jr. earlier today. “We have been so strong and consistent there in the last ten years or so – only to come up just short of reaching victory lane. The race is a long one and I knew I had a great racecar right off the bat.”

“I had a battle with Cade Dillard early in the race and then Tyler Erb during the middle stages, but I knew my car had a little extra when I needed to go,” Erb went on to say. “Heather (Lyne) was signaling me at the end of the race that we had a pretty good lead, so I just tried to maintain and not hurt a tire after the track starting taking a little rubber. Thanks so much to all of my sponsors and fans for their support; hopefully, we can keep it up and string several strong weekends together here to close out the season!”

Dennis Erb Racing will now take the October 30-31 weekend off from racing action before heading south for the 2020 World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series finale. Dennis will invade the pristine Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, North Carolina on November 4-5 for the newly-announced ‘Last Call’ spectacular. Taking the place of the ‘World Finals’ due to COVID-19 restrictions, the ‘Last Call’ will still feature the Super Late Models in a pair of $12,000 to win contests on Wednesday and Thursday next week. Dennis comes into Charlotte sixth in the latest WOOLMS point standings – only ten markers behind fifth place runner Chase Junghans. More information on the ‘Last Call’ doubleheader can be viewed by clicking on www.woolms.com.

Dennis would like to thank all of his sponsors including: J.R. McBride Leasing, McBride Mack, Deegan’s Garage, Ideal Ready Mix, M&M Painting & Construction, VoMac Truck Sales, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Midwest Sheet Metal, Keyser Manufacturing, XR1 Rocket Chassis, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Clements Racing Engines, Hoosier Racing Tires, Allstar Performance, Aurora Rod Ends, Beyea Custom Headers, Brinn Transmissions, Butlerbuilt Safety Systems, Collins Signs, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Envy Suspension & Race Consultants, Five Star Performance Bodies, Frankland Racing Supply, Hooker Harness, Hypercoils, Integra Racing Shocks, Jones Racing Products, K&L Motorsports, K-B Carburetors, Outerwears, Out-Pace Racing Products, Peterson Fluid Systems, Quarter Master, Quickcar Racing Products, Simpson Race Products, Sweet Mfg., TWM Racing Products, VP Racing Fuels, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

The latest dirt on the Dennis Erb Racing team can be found all year long at www.DennisErb.com. Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook by clicking on www.facebook.com/denniserbracing.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications

www.DelphCommunications.com

Back