Doe Run Thoughts...

DirtSurfer

07 Vintage Champ
Staff member
Congrats to our features winners:
B class- Rich Steyh in his #99 Mercury coupe
A class- Joe Haucke in his #92 Chevy coupe

All in all, tonight was a good night... We personally ran outside the top five all night... Heavy rains made for a heavy track! Battled the ruts and ripples all night, with a major bounce in the right front, later found our trouble was broken lower shock bolts on the right front. Oh well, finished all laps and loaded on the trailer...it was a good night!

Good night for the club. For the most part, there were no incidents...a step in the right direction after Belleville! Everyone did a good job for such a rough track. Uncharacteristic track conditions for Doe Run raceway this season, mother nature almost dealt them a washout...

Raised a little money for Kyle Cosby's benefit tomorrow, by auctioning some rides at intermission. Fans got to do about 10 laps at speed in three of the cars, all had a lot of fun. Probably would've been a better ride on a smoother track, but they got the real deal! For me, this represents what this club is about... Bunch of folks coming together for a common good, everyone focusing on common ground. Folks looking to have fun together at the track for the good of our sport, without all the drama that we know can and does exist in most other classes on a weekly basis! Isn't that why we all joined this club?

No secret that GVRA has had it's ups and downs, but we need to get back to square one as a whole... Personally, if the cars are safe...that's all that matters to me. Keep them as inexpensive as we can: no exotic shocks, keep motors close to stock and reliable, no ump style mod chassis( or their drastic bar angles), no Late Models! After that I could care less! Last thing I want to see is a cookie cutter class where everything is the same. Variety makes this class prosper! Running easily found or even homemade chassis and parts, and unorthodox one of a kind cars makes this class more interesting than the racing itself. As long as we are all safe and focused on providing a show with good clean racing for the fans, the rest will fall into place.

Our condolences to Valerie White. Valerie lost her father this week, we know it's been a rough week for her. Missed you last night, Val!

Tonight(weather permitting) GVRA heads for Highland IL...

A-men

Good piece Randy, always look forward to reading your "Thoughts". I've missed them.
icon14.png

Results For Doe Run Speedway 8-19-11
Heat #1

1 - #65 Cliff Hensley

2 - #99 Rich Steyh

3 - #99-G Kenny Green

4 - #59K Bryan Krammer

5 - #25 Randy Horton Jr

6 - #2E Stue McClintock

7 - #M-16 Jeremy Embrich

Heat #2

1 - #47 Mark Fallert