Donald McIntosh Pockets $10,000 Win at North Georgia Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Set to Invade Mansfield Motor Speedway for the Dirt Million

Dawsonville, Georgia (08/19/19) – Behind the wheel of teammate, Tommy Kerr’s Blount Motorsports No. 4k Ole Ben Franklin Motors/ Stowers Cat/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model, Donald McIntosh pocketed the $10,000 victory on Saturday night at North Georgia Speedway.

“What a year. We’ve had a lot of flats, and I’ve made a lot of mistakes. We’ve just had some really bad luck. I’m so glad that these guys have stayed behind me, and this win is definitely for them,” McIntosh said in Victory Lane at North Georgia Speedway on Saturday night. “I really appreciate Tommy Kerr for letting me drive his car tonight. We had some damage on our primary ride from last night at Smoky Mountain Speedway. This Rocket XR1 Chassis was great all night, and this Vic Hill Race Engine ran like a dream.”

On Friday night, Donald made the short trip to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee), where he entered the inaugural event for the Schaeffer’s Fall Nationals. In a field of 16 cars, Donald locked his spot into the opening night feature with the second-fastest lap in his time trial group behind Brandon Kinzer. Starting the A-Main in the third position McIntosh ran in the Top-5 for much of the event before a spin sent him to the tail of the pack. He bounced to register a sixth-place finish in the 40 lapper.

The following night at North Georgia Speedway (Chatsworth, Georgia), McIntosh hopped behind the wheel of his teammates Tommy Kerr No. 4T Super Late Model entry. With 32 cars registered for action, Donald followed up the fastest time in qualifying with a heat race victory.

Rolling off from the pole position, Donald McIntosh led wire-to-wire to capture his fifth win of the season and a $10,000 payday. Casey Roberts, Michael Page, Kyle Hardy, and Jason Hiett trailed him to the checkers.

With the first two events in the books, Donald has jumped out to an early lead in the Fall Nationals point standings. For full results and the latest series’ standings, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

This weekend, Donald will take his family-owned Buick-powered No. 7 007 Race Car Super Late Model into battle in the second annual Dirt Million at Mansfield Motor Speedway (Mansfield, Ohio). The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) weekend opens with twin $10,000-to-win features on both Thursday and Friday night. On Saturday evening the mega event draws to a close with a winner’s check that is still to be determined. The final payout is determined by ticket sales, pay-per-view sales and more. In 2018 the inaugural event paid a whopping $202,939.50 to the event winner.

For anyone unable to attend all of the event will be broadcast live at www.DirtOnDirt.com . For more event information, please visit www.MansfieldMotorSpeedway.com .

Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers (CAT) Machinery Corp., Walker’s Truck Contractors, Blount Excavating, Motion Control Suspension, Massey Electric, Turner Hydraulics, Ole Ben Franklin Motors, DR Investments, Food City, The Wine and Spirits Cellar and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back