Donnie Moran Signs New Engine Sponsorship Agreement For ‘04

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Dresden, OH --- Donnie Moran, “The Dirt Ripper”, who during 2003 drove the QPI Tools/Eddie’s Sunoco/Mastersbilt Race Cars/Carrera Shocks/Malcuit Racing Engines #99 Chevrolet Monte Carlo on the Xtreme Dirt Car Series tour has announced a new sponsorship agreement that will find the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer, also known as the “Million Dollar Man”, running SMS Racing Engines exclusively during 2004. Robert Vinson’s SMS Racing Engines is based in Childersburg, AL. In other news Moran also announced he will be fielding Mastersbilt Race Cars next year.

“We’re going to start out next year with some new motors and also the guy who is doing the carburetors for those new engines is Shannon from Rapture Carburetors,” revealed Moran.

“SMS is out of Alabama and they built some ARCA engines and have just recently entered the dirt field. We went over to the track testing and we have turned some really good lap times so I’m pretty pumped.”

“I think I’ll have a great season.”

SMS Racing Engines is located at 108 8th Avenue Southwest, Childersburg, AL 35044 and can be reached by telephone at (256) 378-8767.

“I’m looking forward to this arrangement,” stated Vinson. “We’ve been doing some dirt stuff for about five years and do different development work for some teams. We also did some dirt stuff on a local level and now we want to take our dirt program to a national level and we feel Donnie Moran is the guy who can get the job done and give us a lot of input.”

As for Moran’s chassis if choice for ’04, he has made a commitment to Mastersbilt Race Cars.

“I’m going to run Mastersbilt next year,” confirmed Moran. “I’ve been over to the track testing and we learned a few things on that car and I know what (Dan) Schlieper did, and I know at this point in time I won the (ELDORA) MILLION in the Rayburn, but right now the Mastersbilt seems to be better for me. I’m pretty excited about it.”

“We did some testing and I found out what I wanted to know and I’m exited about coming out of the box next year on ‘kill’. We took a little time off and went on the Mastersbilt cruise and with all the Mastersbilt people and Keith (Masters) and I worked out some things for next year and I’m really excited about that. So we’re all looking forward to it and ready to rock ‘n roll for next year!”

Moran will also find himself busy come spring with a whole new schedule for his Donnie Moran Driving School which has brought novice as well as experienced drivers to Ohio to attend his courses.

“We’re going to have a new driving school flyer out probably the week of the PRI Show with all the new dates for next year, so it will be full-go for the school next year,” commented Moran. “We’ll start the first or second week of April. I’ll have the schedule put together real soon. I’ve already talked to a bunch of people who are coming. I even had a guy call from Wisconsin already who is coming down for it.”

Interested parties will find the schedule on Moran’s website soon or they can contact Moran through his website at: www.donniemoran.com

As for the 2004 season and his racing plans, Moran, like most traveling racers, hasn’t been able to confirm anything until the schedules come out, but he is staying busy preparing cars, motors, hiring crew and attainting sponsors.

“Tim Marshall will be back with me on the crew and I might be looking to hire somebody else. I’m working on doing interviews right now, too. So if anyone is looking for a crew job they can contact me.”

In other news, Donnie Moran Racing also has three Malcuit Racing Engines and a CJ Rayburn Race Car for sale. Interested parties can contact Moran at: 740.754.2299.

On a personal note, two of Donnie and Brenda Moran’s four sons, Devin and Tristin, will start racing Quarter Midgets this coming weekend in Columbus, OH for a winter indoor series. The Moran’s also have a daughter.

Donnie Moran will make his 2004 racing season debut in February 2004 at East Bay Raceway near Gibsonton, FL for the “Winternationals”.

For additional information on Donnie Moran and Donnie Moran racing visit his website at: www.donniemoran.com.

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Donnie Moran Media Contact: Jarrod Lehman

Back