Earl Pearson Jr. Heads to the Carolinas This Weekend For a Pair of Lucas Oil Sanctioned Events

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
ARCHDALE, NC (June 19, 2008)- Earl Pearson Jr. and the Bobby Labonte Racing Team will travel to South Carolina and North Carolina this weekend to compete in a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events. On Friday night June 20th earl and the team will compete in the "Grassy Smith Memorial" at the Cherokee Super Speedway in Gaffney, SC. The $7,000 to win feature event will be the first night of the two night swing in the Carolinas for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. On Saturday night June 21st Earl and team will travel to Fayetteville Motor Speedway and compete in the $10,000 to win "Dunn-Benson Ford 50" in Fayetteville, NC. Both races will count towards the year long national point's standings for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. Earl is currently in 2nd place in the national point's standings only 5 points behind Steve Casebolt. For more information about this weekend's events and the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series log onto the series website at www.lucasdirt.com.

Earl and the Bobby Labonte Racing Team traveled to three Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events this past weekend finishing 23rd at Duck River Speedway in Wheel, TN on June 12th . Earl was running in the top five when he suffered a rare part failure in the front suspension that caused Earl to collide with Scott James ending his night. Then on Friday June 13th Earl and the team will traveled to North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, GA and finished 12th in the final run down. Then on Saturday June 14th Earl competed at the Talladega Short Track in Talladega , AL for a $10,000 to win Lucas Oil Sanctioned event. Earl would finish a solid 6th place in the final run down and closed too within 5 points of Steve Casebolt in the series national point's standings.

"I had a little bad luck last week at Duck River breaking something in the front end that caused the car to veer right directly into Scott James. Once the suspension broke I had no control. I hate that James got caught up in my wreck but I couldn't steer the car at all and wrecked him as well. We struggled a little at North Georgia but then got going pretty good at Talladega and gained points on Casebolt. Were looking forward to this weekends events in front of the race fans in the Carolinas. Hopefully we can get back to winning this weekend", stated Earl.

Earl and the Bobby Labonte Racing Team would like to thank all their sponsors in 2008 for their support including LifeLong Locks, Lucas Oil, Mastersbilt Race Cars, Larry Wallace Engines, Mopar, Sunoco Race Fuels, Allstar Performance, Tiger Rear End, BERT, Butlerbuilt, Hyperco, SHY, Wilwood, Woodward, TWM, Dyers Top Rods, Weld, Hoosier Tire, PRC, Wrisco, Sparco, Bell, Mechanix Wear, Oakley, Cheerios, Coke, Dunn-Benson Racing Supply, ASI Racewear, WRT Web Designs, The Decal Source, Rick Schwallie Photography and WD Enterprises.

To learn more about the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series visit www.lucasdirt.com. For more information about LifeLong Locks and the strongest locks on the market today, visit www.lifelonglocks.com. For more information about Earl Pearson Jr. and the Bobby Labonte Racing Team visit their official website at www.bobbylabontemotorsports.com.

Back