Flud Moves Forward Throughout Chili Bowl Midget Nationals Preliminary Night

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - TULSA, Okla. (Jan. 18, 2022) - Frank Flud made progress nearly every time he hit the track throughout the 36th annual Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Midget Nationals presented by General Tire.

Flud, who was driving for Hayward Motorsports, tackled Tulsa Expo Raceway last Friday for his preliminary night. He advanced from seventh to fifth in a heat race before maneuvering from ninth to seventh during a qualifier.

eead2adb-5704-48f9-8c7c-54ba61016ef0.jpg
"We started toward the back of our heat race, which was the first one of the night so it was tough to move around," he said. "In the qualifier we were still trying to feel each other out between me and the team. It was in the B Main when we started to get rolling."

Flud gained one position in the consolation race to finish fourth, which earned the final transfer position into the main event.

"Early in the feature I felt like we could get a top 10," he said. "We got up to 13th and had a caution. On the restart I jumped the cushion and lost several positions. If it wasn't for my mistake we'd have been set up a lot better on Saturday."

Flud rebounded from the mid-race miscue to garner an 18th-place finish. That lined him up on the outside of the fourth row in a D Main during Saturday's finale.

"Unfortunately, we had a battery problem so we didn't get to run," he said. "I want to thank everyone at Hayward Motorsports for the opportunity. We moved forward in each race other than the D Main that we were unable to start on Saturday so that's a positive."

Flud plans to kick off the 2022 racing season Feb. 18-19 at Superbowl Speedway in Greenville, Texas, with the Lucas Oil National Open Wheel 600 Series presented by Hi-Plains Building Division.

QUICK RESULTS -

Jan. 14 - Tulsa Expo Raceway in Tulsa, Okla. - Heat race: 5 (7); Qualifier: 7 (9); B Main: 4 (5); Feature: 18 (23).

Jan. 15 - Tulsa Expo Raceway in Tulsa, Okla. - D Main: DNS (8).

UP NEXT -

Feb. 18-19 at Superbowl Speedway in Greenville, Texas, with the Lucas Oil National Open Wheel 600 Series presented by Hi-Plains Building Division

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/81racing

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frankfludracing

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Hayward Motorsports

Hayward Motorsports is a racing team that tackles USAC competition throughout the year and the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals each January.

"Hayward Motorsports has a great racing program that has been successful for many years," Flud said. "I'm grateful for the opportunity I've been provided the last couple of years to run one of their race cars at the Chili Bowl."

Flud would also like to thank 1 Way Performance, Harley Hollan Companies, Smith Titanium, PureMax Racing Oil, Outlaw Wings, Engler Machine & Tool, Inc., Disinger Racing Products, The Lumber Lounge & Garage, Metric Cycles Racing Engines, MyChron-Tom, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Performance Electronics, LTD, Swindell Bleeders, Schoenfeld Headers, TUHB, Impact RaceGear, Broken Arrow Powder Coating, Select Coatings, Klint Pursley Trucking, Walker Performance Filtration, Hoss Media, Fast Four Media and Velocita for their continued support.

Back