Fredericktown Raceway Cancelled 6-27-2008

Unlimited

Just got the call that due to the heavy rain last night and a storm forcast for 5:00 tonight the races have been cancelled. We will be closed next week for the July 4th holiday we will be back to racing on Friday 7-11-2008. AL

wtf

that is the stupidest thing i have heard no wait that a normal night for the rock curly should sell the track back to p b drill before he pisses any more racers off and maybe it would be around for a long time to come seriously how many people are going to continue to come watch 5-6 in a class thats not a feature its a heat race sell the track before u run it farther in the ground than u all ready have

be careful

man watch out 81128 heres you talking like that and she'll use here super intellectual powers against you and put you down, call you names and pretend like everyone is on her side.

Al ,
I hope we get to race on the 11th, but I think we will be lucky to have enough people show up for a foot race.

Tracy Kelly

60% chance of NO rain.

I just got in from Doe Run.. Good night of racing.. Saw some stars in the sky too!! Got home and no rain... Not a drop. The track and pits were in fine shape at 5pm today. I walked them myself after hearing word from others who had been by earlier in the day, and noted nothing at all wrong. I wonder if we will ever race at the Rock. I know most of the B-mod drivers at Doe Run 2 nite were highly ticked to say the least. Some said they are looking for another place to go on Fridays. Cant blame them at all. So am I..

Not everybody lives 1 mile from the track. Some drive hours. The forecast for our area was for severe thunderstorms until 8pm. It is a very tough call to make. Do you
honestly think that we don't want to race. We have to pay insurance every week whether we race or not. We also to prep the track $$$$$$$. It doesn't seem to matter what we do, there's always a handful of people that have to ruin it. Back in April, they we calling for rain and we held off from calling it, hoping it would pass over, at 4:30 it started raining. I had a guy sitting in the lot that drove 3 hours and I had to send him back. As high as fuel is, we try to take that into consideration. Along with rain checks. You need to look at the WHOLE PICTURE, not just yourself. We have a decent track, and you know it. We have good people working for us. Why do feel it is necessary to constantly hammer us and put us down. If you have a problem, be big and come and talk to us instead of just assuming you know all the answers.

This coming from a man that doesn't race at this track. Who does work for the city and claims to be Christian. You're mad because we dropped your class, that averaged 6 or 7 cars last year. It was a financial decision.

I have never posted before, I just usually view what everyone else has to say, but I feel now is the time to voice my opinion. My husband used to race at Fredericktown, when Terry Flanagan ran the track. I think everyone knows the problem was not Terry Flanagan! I came to the races every Friday when Terry ran the track. I would not come back now if you paid me! Very poorly ran track in my opinion. Just a suggestion: Work on getting your car count up instead of sitting on the computer, trying to defend the poor decisions that have been made.

This coming from a man that doesn't race at this track. Who does work for the city and claims to be Christian. You're mad because we dropped your class, that averaged 6 or 7 cars last year. It was a financial decision.

Not to downgrade you or the track but how can you say that this other person is mad because of dropping there class that only brought in 6-7 cars a night? Maybe they are mad but that is about the amount of cars you are bringing in, in all the classes this year. Only like 32 cars last night of racing??

If i were a regular at Fredricktown i would be mad about the cancellations too. I know you said you live 3 hours away and you based you decision off of your local weather??? That in my eyes is a poor excuse. Trying to get these shows in is a chance a promotor has to take. Yeah some will drive a distance and have to turn around but we all know from the get go that there may be a chance to rain out but we still go b/c we want to hopefully race.

In my eyes and opinions i don't think the track will survive. Prove me wrong please because i don't want to see us racers lose another track. Like i said though i don't race there but other do. Alot has been done to the track to make it better for this year but with mother nature and some bad calls it seems to be turning into a slow painful death. Hopefully all turns around and things start to go better. Just thought that i would voice my opinion on this. My goal is not to make people mad.

Tom

Anne, I think we all know better than that. I've NEVER seen Jason get mad and doubt too many others have either. Disappointed, I'm sure, not mad. Would a man who was mad put up his own money in order to get more cars to a track that he has no vested intrest in?? I not trying to make you mad, or start a whole other arguement, I just think everyone feels there is more to the explanation than we are getting. I, as much or more than anyone, want to see Fredericktown track thrive. I LOVED racing there and hope and pray that someday I will be able to do so again. So please, tell us what, if anything, we can do to help you and Curly get this track going!

Shawnda

Do you
honestly think that we don't want to race. We have to pay insurance every week whether we race or not. We also to prep the track $$$$$$$.

I honestly think you don't wanna race. If you wanted to bad enough you would have raced friday night and a couple other friday's you called off. I wish the track well, but cancelling friday may have lost you a couple more racers.

Al ,
I hope we get to race on the 11th, but I think we will be lucky to have enough people show up for a foot race.

Tracy Kelly

I want it perfectly clear that I am in no way affiliated nor do I even know this person. Anything that comes from me comes from racewidow. I want nothing to do with any of these smart alec comments. Thank you.

Tracy (nee Kelly) Ruch

Back