Hagar Heading to I-30 Speedway for POWRi National Midget League Event

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Inside Line Promotions - MARION, Ark. (Oct. 17, 2019) - Derek Hagar is venturing to a familiar track in a not-so-familiar car this Saturday.

Hagar will invade I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., during a POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget League event. It will mark Hagar's fourth night in a midget in 2019 and the first time since early March.

4a289d0f-bbc4-436e-801b-075bcfd7cda8.jpg
"I only race a midget a couple times a year," he said. "I definitely look forward to it when I get the chance. My brother-in-law has always wanted to own one and he talked me right into it, but it's been fun so far."

Hagar last raced in this event in 2017 when he finished sixth. He's competed at I-30 Speedway many times throughout his career, which will hopefully be in his favor in the long run.

"The driving styles are totally different," he said comparing midgets to his usual winged sprint cars. "You get so used to the driving style of one car that you can forget how much of a transition it is to move to another. I usually get the hang of it again right around the time the race is ending."

Hagar enters the event looking for his 10th feature triumph of the season.

"There'll probably be 25 to 30 cars, I'm guessing," he said. "There'll definitely be some good guys there, but I'm anxious to see what we can do against them."

SEASON STATS -

37 races, 9 wins, 25 top fives, 27 top 10s, 31 top 15s, 32 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., with the POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget League

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HagarDerek

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - DHR Suspension

DHR Suspension has quickly become one of the leaders in the shock industry. Although the company was established in 2015, founder Derek Hagar has been servicing shocks for approximately a decade.

DHR Suspension has teams across the country and competing with various sprint car series, including the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series, Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour and USCS Series to name a few. But the shocks services don't stop there. DHR Suspension also offers service for late models, modifieds, stock cars and mini sprints. For more information, visit http://www.DHRSuspension.com.

"I started DHR Suspension in 2015 and it has been fun to grow the business thanks to the support of so many racers," Hagar said. "Not only do we sell shocks, we can fix and rebuild them at a fair rate. Our clients win races around the country as well as in Australia. I'm excited to see DHR Suspension continue to grow year after year."

Hagar would also like to thank Dynotech Performance, Summit Track Group, Fragola Performance Systems, Killer Coatings, FK Rod Ends, Petra Construction, Southern Collision Centre, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Hedger Borthers Ready Mix, Weld Wheels, Xtreme Race Graphics, Hinchman Racewear, Wix Filters, Wings Unlimited, B&D Towing and Recovery, Valvoline, J&J Auto Racing and Ti64 for their continued support.

Back