Jesse Lowe Scores $3,001 Win with UCRA at The Taz

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Extends Advantage Atop the Series Standings

Crossville, Tennessee (05/28/19) – Jesse Lowe claimed his biggest win of the season on Sunday night in his Xtreme Pressure Washing No. 5j Gondolas Pizza and Steakhouse/ CVR Race Car Crate Late Model. He scored a $3,001 payday for his triumph in the Melvin Corum Memorial 40 at Tazewell Speedway.

The victory with the United Championship Racing Association (UCRA) allowed him to extend his advantage atop the series standings. It marked his seventh triumph of the season.

“Man, it feels great to finally get a $3,000 win. We’ve been close in some other events, but we finally got the job done at Tazewell of all places,” Lowe laughed. “Honestly, I got really lucky because as soon as I crossed the finish line the power steering belt broke and locked the wheel up, causing me to wreck. One more lap, and we would’ve been toast.

“I want to thank each and every person, who makes my program possible. We’re going to take this weekend off to freshen our equipment, but we’ll be back next week looking for more wins.”

Friday night saw Jesse Lowe kick off the Memorial Day weekend at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) with the American Crate All-Star Series sanctioned Mayhem in the Mountains. With 35 cars registered in for action, Lowe recorded the ninth-fastest time in qualifying before capturing a heat race win.

Starting the opening night feature in the ninth position, Jesse gained five spots in the 30-lapper to record a fourth-place finish behind Jake Teague, Mark Whitener, and Greg Martin.

The following night saw Lowe hop behind the wheel of the Roger Dixon-owned No. 6D Steelhead Late Model entry for the Tom Crass Memorial at I-75 Raceway (Sweetwater, Tennessee). In a field of 29 cars, Lowe locked his spot into the $4,000-to-win A-Main with a sixth-place finish in his heat. Rolling off the feature grid in the 18th position, Jesse passed 11 cars in the 40-lapper to place seventh.

Wrapping up the weekend, Lowe traveled to Tazewell Speedway (Tazewell, Tennessee) on Sunday for the United Championship Racing Alliance (UCRA) sanctioned, Melvin Corum Memorial 40.

After laying down fifth-fastest time in qualifying, Jesse cruised to a 6-lap heat race win, which positioned him second on the starting grid for the A-Main. Outrunning third-starting Mack McCarter, Jesse Lowe streaked to his seventh win of the season. He was followed across the finish line by McCarter, Brandon Williams, John Llewellyn, and Jason Trammell. He claimed a $3,001 payday for his efforts.

Jesse continues to lead the UCRA championship standings. Full results from the weekend are available at www.AmericanCrateAllStarSeries.com, www.TODLMS.com
and www.UCRARacing.com .

Jesse will be idle this weekend before returning to competition on June 7-8 with a pair of American Crate All Star Series events in Tennessee. On Friday, June 7 he’ll compete in a $2,000-to-win program at Crossville Speedway. Saturday, June 8 takes Lowe to 411 Motor Speedway for a $5,000-to-win program.

Jesse Lowe would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Xtreme Pressure Washing, Gondolas Pizza and Steakhouse, Hidden View Lake, Bennett Heating and Cooling, Workout Anytime (Crossville and Cookeville, Tennessee), Baisley’s Body Shop, Phantom Racing Engines, CVR Racecars, Martel Sign Company, The Clean Machine, Hyperco, Autozone, 865 Hydro Graphics, Haircuts by Mel, Hoosier Tire South, Penske Shocks by Vinny, Velocita, Butlerbuilt and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Jesse would also like to say a very special thanks to Gary, Jacob, Taylor, Jerry, Jeff, and last but not least his Dad for their great help on keeping the racecar in race-winning condition.

For the latest information on Jesse Lowe, please visit www.5jMotorsports.com as well the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/jesseloweracingupdates and www.twitter.com/LoweRacing5J .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back