Kasey’s King of Sedalia Presented By Budweiser Brings Danny Lasoski to his Home Track of Missouri St

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Sedalia, MO-June 15, 2010- Between 1996 and 2008, Danny Lasoski competed at his home track of Missouri State Fair Speedway in Sedalia at least once a season in every one of those 13 years. That streak was broken last year as the World of Outlaws didn't visit the half-mile, but he'll have a chance to return to the track he knows very well this week and looks to start a new streak, as the series heads to the half-mile for Kasey's King of Sedalia Presented by Budweiser on Wednesday, June 16, an event that Kasey Kahne is not only helping promote, but also will be competing in.

For Lasoski, Kasey's King of Sedalia will be one of three stops the World of Outlaws make in his home state of Missouri this season. He has won nearly 30 times in the Show-Me state over the years, including in seven World of Outlaws events, with three of those coming at Missouri State Fair Speedway.

"We are really excited," said Lasoski or returning to Missouri State Fair Speedway. "It's great to be going back to the Sedalia Fairgrounds. It's the closest place we race to home all year. We're just excited to be going back and to put on a great show. It is a special place to me. I get to race in front of the hometown crowd. There are a lot of people that I normally don't get to see throughout the summer that show up there and it's like a party there really."

Kasey's King of Sedalia marks the third round of the four-race Showdown for the Bud Crown mini-series, with the Top-Three in points earning a share of the $15,000 point fund after the finale next month. Lasoski is currently fifth in points after the first two rounds, finishing third and eighth at Volunteer Speedway in Tennessee back in March. The veteran who hails from Dover, Missouri, is just 16 points out of third and 30 markers out of the lead. Drivers earn points in the Showdown for the Bud Crown in time trials, heat races and the feature event of the four races that comprise the challenge.

"Thanks to Budweiser and Kasey Kahne for putting up the money and doing this series," Lasoski said. "You have to be good every time you go out on the track, for qualifying, your heat race and the feature. That's what we are going to try to do. It would be fabulous to win the deal."

Lasoski has won three times with the World of Outlaws at Sedalia, with the most recent of those coming in 1999. The 2001 series champion has 16 Top-10 finishes at the half-mile in 17 starts with the World of Outlaws and leads all drivers competing with the series this season with an average finish of 5.3 at Missouri State Fair Speedway dating back to his first start with the series at the track in 1985.

"It's a big, fast fairgrounds half-mile and it usually has a top and a bottom," he stated. "You have to be able to get your car to operate in dirty air, because on those long straightaway you'll be behind some cars. It definitely takes a lot of horsepower as well and we have that with these hard hitting Kistler Engines.

Lasoski has come close to scoring his first win the season a couple of times this season, including leading the majority of the race at I-96 Speedway in Michigan last month, before he lost a rear end with just six laps remaining. He is currently eighth in the World of Outlaws championship standings on the strength of 12 Top-10 finishes with four of those being Top-Five performances and is less than 50 points out of the sixth spot aboard the Casey's General Store JEI.

"I like to be optimistic, so I think that win is pretty close," he said with a smile. "We've been close a few times this year and then something happens. This is a great race team here and Lonnie Parsons has done a fantastic job making sure we have everything we need. Luck has bit us a few times, but we're working hard and keeping after it."

Lasoski won in his most recent trip to Missouri State Fair Speedway in August of 2008. He made three starts at the track that season including one with the World of Outlaws, finishing sixth or better in all three races. He has raced at the half-mile more than any other driving competing full-time with the series this season.

"I would like to think so, but you are racing the best of the best and the best in the country and the world," he said stoically, when asked if his countless laps at the track will help. "I don't feel like we really have an advantage, but we don't have a disadvantage either. All the laps there over the years should help us some."

Prior to hitting the track at Sedalia, Lasoski hit the links at the Sedalia Country Club on Tuesday with a number of fellow World of Outlaws drivers, officials, crew members and sponsors to help raise money for a very worthwhile cause. With the rigors of traveling coast-to-coast and racing 70-plus times a year, making it tough to find the time to play some golf, the outing on Tuesday provided those in attendance a relaxing afternoon away from the track.

"We get to participate in the Michael Memorial Foundation Golf Tournament as well with Tony and Kathy Ross, and always look forward to that," shared Lasoski. "It's something that is very near and dear to my heart. Tony and Kathy Ross are my best friends out here. We had the tournament for a number of years and skipped one year and by popular demand a lot of people wanted it back and it's always a great time."

On Wednesday, June 16 at Missouri State Fair Speedway, Reserved tickets are $29 for adults in advance and $35 the day of the race, with tickets for Children (12-under) $9 when purchased in advance. General Admission tickets for adults will be $29 in advance for and $35 the day of the race, with general admission tickets for Children (6-12) $9. Children ages 6-under will be admitted free of charge in the general admission section. For more information and to purchase tickets call: (704)-795-RACE (7223) or visit www.worldofoutlaws.com/tickets.

The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Chizmark & Larson Insurance , Goodyear Tires (Official Tire), SuperClean (Official Cleaner-Degreaser), VP Racing (Official Racing Fuel); in addition to contingency sponsors, Jake's Custom Golf Carts, KSE Race Products, Penske Shocks , R2C Performance, Racing Electronics, S&S Volvo; Engine Builder's Challenge participants Don Ott Racing Engines, Kistler Engines, Shaver Specialties and Speedway Engines; and Chassis Builder's Challenge participants J&J Auto Racing, Maxim Racing and XXX Race Company.

Back