MARS / UMP ready for Paducah and I-55 Raceway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
The MARS DIRTcar Series and the top drivers from the UMP DIRTcar Series will go head to head on Friday August 27th headlining the USA World 50 at Paducah International Raceway in Paducah, KY. Action then moves to I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO on Saturday August 28th and with a $5,000 top prize on the line each night, you can expect the Midwest’s best dirt late model drivers to be on hand.

Paducah International Raceway is the home of the USA World 50. Jerry Inman won the inaugural USA World 50 in 1978. He followed it up with another win in 1979. Tom Helfrich went to victory lane in 1980. 1981 saw Larry Moore take the win. 1982’s winner was Russ Petro. In 1983, Russellville, KY driver Phil Gregory took the checkers. Other winners through the years include (NASCAR Busch veteran) Jeff Purvis, (UMP DIRTcar Series National Champion) Terry English, 5-time MARS DIRTcar Series Point Champion Bill Frye and last year’s winner, Brian Shirley.

Drivers expected for this weekend include 2-time USA World 50 champion Brian Shirley, 5-time and defending MARS champion Terry Phillips, Jeff Walston, Eric Turner, Randy Sellars, Jeremy Payne, Former UMP National and Summer Nationals champion Dennis Erb Jr., Gary Christian, Al Purkey, Jason McBride, Dustin Mooneyham, Brandon McCormick, Jason Riggs, Kevin Weaver, Rodney Melvin, PIR track champion Dylan Thompson, Darrell Mooneyham, Terry English, UMP National and Summer Nationals champion Jason Feger, Leroy Johnson plus many more.

For more information on PIR, please visit www.paducahinternationalraceway.com.

For more information on I-55 Raceway, please visit www.i55raceway.com.

The MARS DIRTcar Series would like to thank the following sponsors: Hoosier Racing Tire, Don Babb Motorsports, Allstate Insurance, VP Race Fuels, Wrisco Aluminum, GRT Race Cars, Powertrain Industries, Supermoon Graphics, Leitle Car Quest Auto Parts Aurora, Andy's Frozen Custard, Libscomb Auto Group and IHG Hotels.

More information on the MARS DIRTcar Series and be found at www.marsracingseries.com

Back