May 17, 2014 Highland Speedway Results

Very nice to recognize the veterans before the race. I had no idea the Little brothers were military. I always suspected the #4 B mod driver was ( my apologies for not knowing his name) . It was pretty cool to hear Doug get a few quick words with them. Ms Hamilton did a excellent job singing the national anthem also.

Thank you to all veterans who have served our country. I have a couple of questions. What does that (m) mean next to some of the drivers names? I see Rick Standridge in the Modified results and Richie Standridge in the Late Models. Is Rick the one that drove a Late Model for years and Richie his son? Just curious and glad to see some new names up front.

(M) denotes that the driver is a track member and can recive track points.....rick was a rocket last night,like my self he has been driving for a bunch of years,richie is his son--ricks wife wrote a column for years in stock car racing mag...I think she still does...lot of open wheeled racers in that family

Question about the whole member thing. How long are they allowing you to buy the memberships? Also if drivers don't buy by the cutoff are their names going to be deleted off the list? Not much sense in leaving them on there if they can't win it

I believe the deadline is past but from what I was told the membership is only for the money from the points fund. All highland points and trophy earned at the banquet will be given out accordingly as to where you finish in points. Just no money. I could be wrong though. Maybe Sue can clear it up for ya.

That's kind of the way I understood it to I was curious though. Doesn't make sense to get a trophy for finishing say 4th but not pay the $30 member fee and get no money. What happens to the money the guy should've got? Does it get evenly distributed through the rest of the guys?

So let me see if I have this right. If I paid for my membership and finish 11th, and 3 guys in front of me decided that they didn't want to spend $30 to be in the points fund, I get nothing, they get a trophy, and the track keeps the payout for their spot (not that I really care about the trophy, but the 8th place check sure would be nice.) Sounds fair to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am a cheap SOB(senile old boy) but I paid my 30bux and when all is said and done would expect to be bumped up the payoff chart above those that did not pay...that said there remains the question regarding hardwear that will need to be dusted (lol)....are non members eligible

Very nice to recognize the veterans before the race. I had no idea the Little brothers were military. I always suspected the #4 B mod driver was ( my apologies for not knowing his name) . It was pretty cool to hear Doug get a few quick words with them. Ms Hamilton did a excellent job singing the national anthem also.

Thanks for the compliment, I already passed it along to her.

It was an honor to be asked to go out on track for opening ceremonies. Thanks to all who attended the race. Although I've retired after 20 plus years of service, it's still nice to have been recognized. It was another awesome event to remember for my rookie season. Plus, I got my first top 10 finish for the season at Highland. Only my 9th time on a track. Hope to keep improving and representing the "Old Vets" the best way I can. Once again, thanks Highland Speedway for recognizing current and past Veterans.

Doug Tye

Back