Mt Vernon late 90's early 2000's

Phyllis

Was wondering where some of the guys that use to race at Mt Vernon back in the late 1990's and early 2000's have gone?

Randy Hanks, Chris Simmerman, Steve Maisel, Louis Baker Jr., Greg Hensley, Jason Maxey, Bo Mandrell, Donnie Tudor, Jim Burwell, etc. I know there were many more...Any info..

I don't know where these guys are now but I can add some more names to the list like rod reed, bill Milliken, cory turner, doug mccammon. I know Robby Timmons is still racing and I seen Terry Messenger win his heat last night in the modified heats on the duquoin mile.

gumby_32d, are you talking about the Rod Reed from Mayfield, KY. If so he is still racing around here , he has switched to the modified class, but still runs the number 47

See Chris Simmerman occasionally at I-55.. Steve Maisel is at I-55 and Tri-City most weeks.. He does a lot of fishing tournaments as well.

That was the same rod reed I was talking about. It was a white 47 car. The last time I seen burwell in a car was at belle-clair in a one of Lonnie casey's cars. He was the man back in the day with that blue and white rent 1 car. I still see Steve Karnes and Steve Lampley race around here from time to time. How about Joe Morris?

Back