Mt. Vernon Raceway will open 9-10-05

mustang

topdog123
Staff member
The Mt. Vernon Raceway Inc. will re-open on September 10, 2005. No disrespect is intended to those involved on August 20,2005. the investigation is continuing. We feel that this will be the beginning of the healing process for us. The rain out passes and tickets from 8/20/05 will be honored on this night. This is also the make up for the $1000 to win for the modifieds. Thank you, Mt. Vernon Raceway inc. Rick Heck

Very Glad To Here The Track Will Reopen,best Wishes To The Track And Operations As Welll As The Familys And Victims Involved

good for you rick glad to see racing come back to the area hope all goes well and try to brush off all negativity im sure thre will be some. were all behinde you!!!!

i AM HAPPY to hear you will re open !!!
Think this is what Mt. V needs.........you need to pull together for each other..
cj

Good to hear that the vern will be reopening. I have a few questions. Will the remaining nights be for points and if so when will the points for all classes be over with? And is it still run-whatcha-brung for street stocks on oct 1st? And will there be any kind of a benifit night for the familys of those involved in the accident on august 20th? Thanks in advance. Wahoo

Glad to hear you guys are reopening, we will definately be there. Prayers still go out to all those involved, but the healing process needs to begin somewhere, hard as it may be.

I encourage racers and fans to attend in support of the track. We will be there with as many fans as we can muster. AK

Good News

This will definitely be a hard thing to do but I think it is also the right thing to do. Closing it down won't change what happened. We will be able to start the healing process & I for one applaud you for taking on this endeavor. We will be there to support you as well as anyone else we can bring with along.
Best of Luck Rick & Beverly!!!

We should do some passing the helmet and fundraising stuff on the night for the families, if that is ok with Rick? Can that be arranged in advance? A week is pretty short notice, but I could come up with something for a shirt I bet, proceeds to benefit the families. Or would you rather wait and do something toward the end of the year? Just let me know what you want to do and we can work something out.

Todd

i think its good to get back and help with the healing process. but i also think i would have kept it shut til everything with the investigating was finished. just to be sure of all that has happened. its a scarey thing and it might have been a freak accident and it might have been other things . with the season coming to an end soon , whats the rush to get back? a fresh season next year would have been better. i can see both ways. just a thought.

Does anyone know if the remainder of the season will be for points and if so when will points be over with? And is oct 1st still run-whatcha-brung for the street stocks? And will there be any kind of benifit race for the family's of those involved in the accident? Wahoo

just got off the phone, dad said some of his friends have been to the track recently and it looks like a whole new track!!!! he said there will be no way of another car gettin near the grandstands since everyone donated so much there its like the safest dang track ever. cut down dirt, cable every foot high on the fence, bigger section of pit bleachers, everything. i really hope to see yall there next saturday!!!!:) yah see me and yah no me u can cumn talk to me!!!! i dont bite:D n im kinda hard 2 miss there! lol

KELCIE EMLING

Glad to hear the track is opening.....I wont be there on the 10th, but i am planning to be there the following weekend....

Back