Rayburn vs. Rocket

Rayburn vs. Rocket

• Rayburn

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Rocket

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
i thought Rayburn by a long shot until i started second guessing myself because a lot of the drivers of the dirty dozen have rocket chassis

You Have To Figure, Most Of Those Traveling Pros, Probably Are On Chassis Deals. They Probably Get Them For Little To Nothing. When You Have Their Talent And Experience, They Will Make Anything Go Fast.

both are great cars. i think a rayburn will eat anything on tacky rough track and longer tracks, yet rocket and warrior cars are a little better on the smooth dry tracks and short tracks. mabey the four bar and rear stear set-up opposed to the swing arm, z link set-ups. i have never drove them (yet:)) but it seems to be what some drivers say about them.

rayburn would win out of them to but i think that roket isn't the 2nd best by far mastersbilt would be a better competion for rayburn

Rayburns are easier to deal with on a nightly basis. You can make the wrong choice in trailing arm position or pan hard bar height, and your setup will still be close enough. Four bar cars are very touchy, and the wrong bar decisions could make you want to pull it in. On rough tracks and long tracks, Rayburns are usually always in the front. However, Rockets have made a serious push to the front on these same tracks lately by way of many great late model drivers today. I would still have to say a Rayburn is a better car and definitely what I would buy if looking to get into late model racing.

someone told me that Rockets are good up North and that Rayburns just dominate in the middle of the country and on tacky tracks as we all know with Don O' Niel, Billy moyer, Shannon Babb, Justin Allgaier, and Ed Dixon

yes rayburns are you best bet for rough tracks and rockets are better on smooth tracks. Also rockets get better forward bite than rayburns do!

If I Recall I Could Be Wrong But If You Look At The Ump Points Standings There Are 4 Different Chassis In The Top 5 I Think They All Are Good. If You Think That Rayburns Are The Best Because They Win Alot Well I Would Hope So For The Amt. Of People Who Own Them. As For The Tractions Up One Lane Ruff Dumps Around This Area A Standard Rayburn Will Win But Look At Belleville. Smooth Slick Good Racing And A Rocket Will Shine. (with The Exp. Of Last Fri.) Now Lets Take A Look At Warrior (duh Bloomer Need I Say More) All And All They Are All Good Cars It All Depends On What You Want Personally I Know That We Would Take A Rocket 1st Then A Warrior

that it could be but definetly a rayburn and bloomquist runs his own along with john blankenship and another driver,that can't remember his name

It was a Rayburn. I don't think it was a leaf spring car, but its possible being that Rayburn has been known to make them...... To my knowledge though it was a standard Rayburn. I read an interview of Donnie Moran that talked about how he had recently switched to Rayburns on a deal with C.J.

Also to my understanding Bloomquist's car is not the standard Warrior. I believe the same was true about his Shaw car at Batesville (modified). Alot of smart long time racers take various Late Models and modify them to their liking. It is pretty obvious that in general a chassis will be most succesful in the area where it is built. For one there are more cars, because they are easier to get ahold of. Second they are the result of a long evolution of race cars slowly being tailored to the general conditions of an area. Thus you see see alot of GRT's in Southern Missouri / Arkansas (modified versions by both Terry Phillips and Bill Frye I believe). Rayburns in Indiana/Illinois (if I'm not mistaken Pierce ran a modified Rayburn of some sort-- I don't know anything about it though). Alot of Rockets out east. Then there are the MastersBuilt and Warriors sprinkled across the midwest (and obviously Tennessee).

Moran won million w/ a Rayburn & definetly w/out leafs. I have the speedway illustrated article they did afterwards and it talks about it. It was a brand new car that CJ told Donnie to come and get, it was his. So Donnie put his motor in it & won. The car is in Donnie's shop over in the corner as a conversational piece he said and probably won't race it again.

Back