Ricky Weiss Scores Dream Prelim Win; Finishes Seventh in Finale

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Smoky Mountain Speedway on Deck for This Saturday

Headingley, Manitoba, Canada (06/11/19) – Ricky Weiss enjoyed a breakout weekend at Eldora Speedway, which included a prelim victory on Thursday night in his Derrick’s Sandblasting No. 7w Kakela Farms/ J&C Properties/ Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car/ Vic Hill Race Engine Super Late Model.

While the Canadian racer was pleased with his weekend performance, he was left wondering what might have been if a late-race restart in Saturday night’s mega finale had gone a little different.

“If you had told me that we were going to finish in the Top-10 before we came here, I would’ve been quite happy with that. But after running all those laps having the speed we had, it’s a little disappointing to not finish better,” Weiss said. “There late in the race we were in contention, but I got moved up the track on a restart, and it cost us big time. If I could’ve stayed in the Top 3 there, I think we had a shot at the win.

“Even though I’m a little disappointed, it was still a phenomenal weekend for this team. I want to thank my family, my team, my sponsors, my fans, and everyone who supports me and makes this possible.”

Kicking off the 25th annual Dirt Late Model Dream, Ricky Weiss was one of 92 Super Late Model competitors on hand at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on Thursday evening. After laying down the 15th-fastest lap in his time trial group, Weiss streaked to a 10-lap heat race victory, which positioned him fourth on the starting grid for the opening night feature. Sliding past Jacob Hawkins for the lead on the 11th lap, Ricky went on to pick up his fourth win of the season in the 25-lapper, topping Chris Madden, Jacob Hawkins, Dale McDowell, and Jimmy Owens. He earned a $10,000 payday for his triumph.

The following night with another round of preliminary features on the docket, Weiss advanced two positions in his heat race to pick up the 10-lap win. Starting the $10,000-to-win A-Main in the fifth position, Ricky gained two positions in the 25-lap affair to place third behind Jonathan Davenport and Kent Robinson with Darrell Lanigan and Jimmy Owens competing the Top-5 finishers.

On Saturday evening for the 25th annual Dirt Late Model Dream, Ricky secured his spot into the $125,000-to-win finale with a second-place finish in his heat behind Jonathan Blankenship. Rolling off eighth, Weiss ran in the Top-5 for the majority of the 100-lap affair until fading after a restart on lap-82. He ultimately crossed the finish line in the seventh position.

For full results from the weekend, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

This Saturday Ricky will return to the driver’s seat at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) in a $15,000-to-win event with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS).

For more information on the event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting, J&C Properties, Kakela Farms, G-Style Transport, Collins Brothers Towing, Winkler Canvas, Global Enterprises Inc., Wiesner Trucking, Sweet Bloomquist Race Cars, RDW Recycling, Straight Ahead Ventures Inc., Keewatin Truck Service, Rod Fehr Racing, Team Red Line Graphix, Penske Racing Shocks, Turk Enterprises, Hawkeye Construction, Forks Mobile Wash, Vic Hill Race Engines, Mark Brandt Trucking, Fastenal, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Go Lithium Batteries, Aldon Auto Recycled Auto & Truck Parts, Innovative Auto & Diesel Performance, Allied Roofing Inc., FK Rod Ends, FastShafts, Beyea Custom Headers, Arizona Sport Shirts, Base Racing, Fuels, Swift Springs, Allstar Performance, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back