Rodney Sanders Collects First Win of 2019 in Arizona

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Gains Momentum Throughout the Wild West Shootout

Happy, Texas (01/16/19) – Rodney Sanders embarked on his 2019 campaign during the 13th annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout. While things got off to a slow start for the driver of the Wichita Tank Racing #20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs Modified, he gained momentum during the second half of the miniseries. In fact, in the last four races he registered a win and a trio of runner-up finishes.

“We definitely struggled in those first two events. The first race we were just off, and in the second I made a driver error and hit an infield tire,” Sanders said. “For as bad as things started though, we were able to flip the script for the final four races, and get a win and three second-place finishes. We were able to learn a lot out there that will help us for this season. I want to thank my crew, my family, my sponsors, and my fans for all of their great support.”

Kicking off the 2019 season, Rodney Sanders invaded FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway (Queen Creek, Arizona) on Saturday, January 5 for the opening round of the 13th annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout. With passing points determining the lineup for the opening night feature, Sanders locked his spot into the show with a runner-up finish in his heat behind Chad Olsen. Falling shy of a Top-5 finish in the feature, Rodney crossed the finish line in seventh in the 25-lap affair.

The Sunday, January 6 program was postponed by Mother Nature to January 12th.

On Wednesday night Rodney Sanders returned to FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway for the second round of the Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout. Following a third-place finish in his heat race, Sanders retired to a 20th-place finish in the 25-lap feature after making hard contact with an infield tire.

After a scheduled off-day on Thursday, Rodney secured his spot into the A-Main on Friday evening with a third-place finish in his heat. Starting on the front row for the feature, Sanders jumped out to the lead on the drop of the green flag and held off a pair of challenges to pick up his first win of the season a $1,000 payday. Tyler Wolff, Darrell Nelson, Matt Leer, and Zane Devilbiss completed the Top-5 finishers in the 25-lap affair.

Returning on Saturday for a doubleheader of action, Sanders followed up the second-fastest time in his qualifying group with a runner-up finish in the 15-lap feature, trailing D.J. Shannon across the line with Joe Duvall, Dustin Strand, and Bumper Jones rounding out the Top-5.

Saturday night’s program found Rodney charging to a 10-lap, heat race victory but Mother Nature postponed Saturday’s feature to Sunday. Starting in sixth for the delayed finale, Sanders passed four cars to reel in a runner-up finish behind Darrell Nelson with Dustin Strand, Matt Leer, and Cody Scholpp trailing them to the checkers.

Wrapping up the 13th annual Wild West Shootout on Sunday evening, Rodney locked his spot into the $2,000-to-win finale with a second-place finish in his heat race behind Darrell Nelson. Racing in a Top-5 finish in the A-Main, Rodney Sanders notched a runner-up finish behind Ricky Thornton Jr. with Dereck Ramirez, Dustin Strand, and Darrell Nelson completing the Top-5.

For more results from these events, please visit www.WildWestShootout.net .

Sanders is tentatively scheduled to next return to action on February 1-2 at Heart O’ Texas Speedway (Waco, Texas) during the rescheduled Southern Nationals. For more information on the event, please visit www.HeartOTexasSpeedway.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, ARMI Contractors, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Kenny’s Tile, Swan Energy, S&S Fishing and Rental, MB Customs, Deatherage Opticians, Hibner Logging, Paulson Rock Products, Bergman Tax Services, CMD Shocks, McCartney Welding, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, Wehrs Machine, Real Wheels, Allstar Performance, Wilwood Brakes, Palmer Painting, KBC Graphics, 87 Automotive, Hatfield Racing Engines and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back