Rodney Sanders Wins Round Two of Wild West Shootout

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Modified Standout Continues Early-Season Success

HAPPY, Tex. (01/14/20) – Rodney Sanders continued his early-season success on Sunday, winning the second round of the 14th Annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout at FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway in Queen Creek, Ariz.

Sanders won the 25-lap, $2,000 main event by nearly two seconds in his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified.

“We definitely struggled the first night,” Sanders said. “For the way things started though, we were able to flip the script for round two and get a win. Thanks to my crew, my family, my sponsors, and my fans for all of their great support.”

With passing points from the heat race setting the grid for the feature, Sanders passed seven cars in his heat race to place second behind Chad Olsen.

Starting on the pole for the A-Main, Sanders lost the top spot early but quickly tracked down leader Travis Sauer. Sliding ahead of Sauer after he jumped the cushion, Rodney soared to his fourth win of the season by a 1.767 second margin over Lucas Schott, Tyler Wolff, Dustin Strand, and Matt Gilbertson.

On Saturday night, Sanders posted a fifth-place finish in his heat race, transferring him into a B-Main. Needing to place fourth or better to make the main event, Rodney secured his spot with a runner-up finish.

With a $1,000 payday on the line, Sanders was an early retiree from the 25-lap affair, ultimately logging a 17th place outing in the final rundown.

Additional information on the Wild West Shootout and full results from these events can be found at www.WildWestShootout.net.

The 14th Annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout at FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway (Queen Creek, Ariz.) resumes on Wednesday, January 15. The miniseries will be idle on Thursday before concluding Friday-Sunday, January 17-19.

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, ARMI Contractors, Swan Energy, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Schoenfeld Headers, JE Pistons, Walker Performance Filtration, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net.

Back