Schuett Races to Top-15 Finish During Debut at Wilmot Raceway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - WILMOT, Wis. (Aug. 19, 2019) - Kyle Schuett garnered a top-15 result during his first visit to Wilmot Raceway with the Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Series on Saturday night.

Schuett finished 14th after starting 19th in the 24-car A Main.

a1223141-e49a-4dde-821f-237206bba971.jpg
"I moved up a bit and hung around 16th and 17th for a while before a couple of cars dropped out," he said. "Our car was better than a 14th-place car. I could've pushed the issue with three or four cars late in the race, but after what happened at our last race at Macon with us flipping I just wanted to make sure that we were able to roll the car into the trailer and go to Sun Prairie the next night."

Schuett and his team were pleased that there were no problems with their race car in its first competition since being heavily damaged at Macon Speedway last month.

"We were really happy with our car," he said. "We had taken it completely apart following the crash and fixed part of the frame. We rebuilt it and it ran fine."

A slight miscue early in the night may have kept Schuett from a higher finish in the feature.

"I didn't qualify as well as I could have," said Schuett, who timed 22 nd quickest of 31 cars. "I missed the top in turns three and four on my fast lap and easily gave up four tenths of a second. I think that was a combination of me being out of the car for three weeks along with crashing the last time I was on the track."

Schuett's qualifying effort slotted him sixth in his heat race's starting grid. He secured the final transfer position to the A Main by finishing fifth.

"I was running in sixth following everyone else around the top," he said. "I decided to move to the bottom and was able to pass the guy for fifth and was on the next guy for fourth, but didn't have enough to get by him."

Plans to race the following night with the IRA Series at Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie, Wis., fell through when the team encountered a problem on the road after leaving Wilmot Raceway.

"One of the tires on the toter blew out around 2 a.m.," Schuett said. "We eventually got it repaired and were back on the road around 5 a.m. We were a bit concerned about some possible damage after what occurred. We just wanted to play it safe and head home after a night of zero sleep during the daylight hours."

Schuett plans to compete in his micro sprint this weekend during the famed Highbanks Hustle VII at Southern Illinois Raceway in Marion, Ill.

"This race was on our schedule in June when it was postponed to this weekend," he said. "It's a big paying race and we're looking forward it."

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 17 - Wilmot Raceway in Wilmot, Wis. - Qualifying: 22; Heat race: 5 (6); Feature: 14 (19).

SEASON STATS -

12 races, 0 wins, 2 top fives, 6 top 10s, 9 top 15s, 11 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday and Saturday at Southern Illinois Raceway in Marion, Ill., for the Highbanks Hustle VII micro sprint race

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SchuettRacing

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schuett-Racing-Inc-764142200301233/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Progressive Propane, Inc.

Progressive Propane Inc., which is based in Philo, Ill., has more than four decades of experience as a full-service propane supplier. For more information, visit http://www.Progressive-Propane.com .

"Progressive Propane Inc. has been supporting our racing since the quarter midgets days back in 2004," Schuett said. "We're extremely grateful for their continued support and we look forward to continuing to represent them in a positive light."

Schuett would also like to thank Health Alliance, AMSOIL, Roof Bolt Transport, Engler Machine and Tool, Hoosier Tire Midwest, R & B Powder Coating, Allstar Performance, Safety Kleen (The Official Environmental Service Company of Schuett Racing), Diversified Machine (DMI), Rod End Supply, Hooker Harness, Steve Thomas Racing, Smith Titanium and J & K Property Rentals, LLC., for their continued support.

Back