Shane Clanton Wins Dream Prelim; Finishes Third in Finale

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

LOLMDS Competition Up Next

Zebulon, Georgia (6/10/19) – Shane Clanton enjoyed a great weekend at the 25th running of the Dirt Late Model Dream. The driver of the Weldbank Energy #25 Super K Express/ Capital Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model picked up a $10,000 win in preliminary action on Friday night, and backed it up with a third-place finish in the $125,000-to-win finale.

“I knew I had a good car. I just needed to keep the nose clean,” Clanton said in regards to Friday night’s $10,000 victory. “I tried the top a little bit and [Gregg Satterlee was] trying to get some of that moisture leaving the bottom, and he was right where I needed to be to make a good lap, but I knew I was OK where I was. I didn’t feel like I was losing no ground, and I could maintain down the straightaway.

“We’ve been struggling all year long, but it’s a never-give-up attitude with this team. We just work awful hard. It takes a team effort and we didn’t give up. We’ve got a no-give-up attitude and we’ll just work until nobody else can work. I promise you we work as hard or harder than everybody else in the pit area, it’s just sometimes it doesn’t show it. This year is a testament of when we work hard, this is what we get.”

After racing in the Top 5 for much Saturday night’s finale, Clanton crossed the finish line in the third position.

“We needed a little more adjustment there to be in lapped traffic,” said an upbeat Clanton. “If I could have got out in the lead by myself and had enough air on my nose, I think I could have had a chance at the win. But I just had a little aero-push behind those guys. All in all, it was a good weekend to win a preliminary feature and run third [in the big race] ain’t too bad.”

Thursday night found Shane Clanton invading Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) for the 25th annual Dirt Late Model Dream. Drawing a stout field of 92 cars for a pair of $10,000-to-win preliminary features, Clanton registered the ninth-fastest time in his group before placing third in his heat race. Starting the A-Main in the ninth position, Shane improved three spots, reeling in a third-place finish.

Returning on Friday for another round of preliminary features, Clanton started the night with a heat race victory, which positioned him second on the starting grid for the show.

Blasting into the lead on the opening lap, Shane led wire-to-wire en route to his third win of the season, which came over Chris Ferguson, Ross Bailes, Chase Junghans, and Don O’Neal. He pocketed a $10,000 payday for his dominant performance in the 25-lap affair.

For the final night of the Dirt Late Model Dream on Saturday evening, Shane survived contact with the wall after a quick shower in his heat race to finish second behind Dennis Erb Jr. Earning the 11th-starting position for the $125,000-to-win finale, Clanton gained eight spots in the 100-lapper to notch a third-place finish behind Brandon Sheppard and Dale McDowell with Chase Junghans and Tyler Erb completing the Top-5 finishers.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend – June 14-15 – has the team slated to enter a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) events. On Friday night a $12,000-to-win program is scheduled for Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina), while Saturday night takes Clanton to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee), where a $15,000 winner’s check is up for grabs.

For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Weldbank Energy, Capital Race Cars, Super K Express, Clements Racing Engines, M&S Concrete, True Temp Heating & Air Conditioning, VP Racing Fuels, Freeman Plumbing, Hoosier Tire South, RV Select, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Carolina Concrete Finishers, QA1, Quarter Master, Bert Transmission, Weld Racing, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Penske Shocks, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Schaeffer’s Oil, Collins Signs, Stop Tech Brakes, Allstar Performance, DirtVision.com, Advanced Transportation, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back