Tim Byrd rides AFCO Crate Spec Shocks to Track Championship

fastrakpr

Tim Byrd of Jonesborough, TN claimed the 2019 Track Championship at Volunteer Speedway while running the AFCO Crate Spec shocks.

“They are honestly the best shocks I have ever run on,” said Byrd, “I couldn’t go buy a better shock.”

Throughout 2019, Byrd was able to start on the front row 15 times, with 11 of those from the pole. He saw consistent runs throughout the season, ending with 10 top-fives and 5 feature wins.

Even when Byrd bent a shock, AFCO repaired the shock and had it back to him in three days. Byrd’s crew chief Mark Hamby was impressed by the service and dependability of the AFCO Crate Spec Shocks as well.

“It certainly made it easier at the track,” said Hamby, “It took away something we had to worry about changing. We set the shocks how we wanted them early in the year and hardly ever adjusted the pressure. They were dependable and the service from AFCO was top-notch.”

Throughout the year, Byrd was piloting his 2018 TNT Chassis against other teams on much more expensive shocks, as well as stacked springs. His entire set of AFCO Crate Spec Shocks was just a little over $1,400.

“The shocks were dependable, and I knew what the car was going to do every time it went in the corner,” continued Byrd, “It made it as consistent as any car on a dirt track could be.”

The AFCO Crate Spec Shocks can be ordered on afcoracing.com.

Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_racing on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available. FASTRAK can be found on Instagram @fastrakracing

The 2019 marketing partners for the FASTRAK Racing Series are Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, AFCO “The official shock of the FASTRAK Racing Series”, VP Racing Fuel “The official fuel of FASTRAK”, VP Racing Lubricants, Speed51.com “The official video home of FASTRAK”, KRC Power Steering, TNT Race Cars, Arizona Sport Shirts, Simpson Safety Equipment, Rockauto.com, and Thomas Clarke Performance.

Back