Two-Time Gateway Winner Sorenson to Throw Out First Pitch at Busch Stadium

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
MADISON, Ill. – Tuesday night, NASCAR Nationwide Series driver and two-time Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250 winner Reed Sorenson will take center stage at Busch Stadium. The Georgia native is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to that night’s contest between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Florida Marlins.

Sorenson is statistically one of the best drivers in Gateway history, with only one finish worse than fourth in five races with four starts on the outside pole. He and the NASCAR Nationwide Series return to the 1.25-mile oval July 17 for the Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250, the first of two NNS races at GIR this year, the other being Oct. 23. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series provides the first act of a summer double feature in July with the CampingWorld.com 200 scheduled for Friday, July 16.

Although he’s going to be on the mound Tuesday evening, earlier that afternoon, he’ll be at the plate taking batting practice at the home of the ten-time world champion Cardinals. “I’m looking forward to Tuesday night’s Cardinals’ game,” said Sorenson, who will drive the No. 32 car for Braun Racing at Gateway. “This will be my third time throwing out the first pitch, but my first there in St. Louis .”

The 2009 event runner-up said he was excited to return to a facility where he’s had so much success. “Gateway has always been a good track to me and the fans there are great!”

Joining Sorenson at Gateway this summer will be fellow two-time race winners Carl Edwards and Kevin Harvick, as well as Dodges of Penske Racing teammates Justin Allgaier and Brad Keselowski. Great tickets are still available for the summer blockbuster at Gateway by calling 866-35-SPEED or by visiting GatewayRaceway.com.
For those who purchase tickets to at least two of the three NASCAR events this year, one lucky winner and a guest will win the “Gateway to the Chase,” an all-expense paid trip to Dover International Speedway for the AAA 400 on Sept. 26, the second race in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup. The contest ends at midnight, June 15. Details are available at GatewayRaceway.com.

Race fans can follow all the action throughout the season at Gateway International Raceway on its official Twitter site at Twitter.com/GatewayRaceway and its official page on Facebook, Facebook.com/GatewayRaceway.

Back