Wilson Joining All Stars for Three-Race Weekend in New York

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions – KNOXVILLE, Iowa (Aug. 16, 2022) – Greg Wilson is heading to New York this weekend for a trio of Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions races as well as a Hercules Tires dealership visit.

It begins on Thursday when Wilson will visit Finger Lakes Tire in Auburn, N.Y., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

86bd2a9c-fd80-4e29-810d-19cb718f065a.jpg
The racing action kicks off Friday at Outlaw Speedway in Dundee for the Hercules Tires, Ohio Logistics and DNC Hydraulics backed Seeling Motorsports team. Utica-Rome Speedway in Vernon hosts a race on Saturday with the weekend finale occurring on Sunday at Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport.

“I’m looking forward to getting to some tracks in New York that hopefully fit our race program a little better,” Wilson said. “We enjoyed spending time with Hercules Tires and our sponsors last week at the Knoxville Nationals, but we didn’t produce the results we were hoping for during one of the biggest events of the season.”

The team tackled the 61st annual NOS Energy Drink Knoxville Nationals presented by Casey’s at Knoxville Raceway last week with Wilson’s preliminary night on Thursday. The evening finished with a run from fifth to third place in the C Main before an advance from 23rd to 19th in the B Main.

Friday’s Hard Knox Night ended with Wilson gaining four positions in the B Main to finish 20th. The event concluded on Saturday when Wilson placed fourth in the E Main before driving from 21st to 17th in the D Main.

“We struggled early in the night each night that we qualified,” he said. “At Knoxville with the way the format is you really bury yourself more than any other show because of the competition. That being said, I felt the first night we weren’t that good at any point throughout the night. I felt we were a little better on Friday. On Saturday in the E Main we rolled around okay and there were times when we were comfortable, but you keep working on it trying to get speed out of the car and we just couldn’t get speed out of the car. It wasn’t from a lack of effort. We worked and got it better. Then maybe made it a little worse at times, but we were kind of the same speed the whole time we were there.

“I’m excited to shift focus to our busy weekend in New York, where hopefully we can string together some successful outings after enjoying a Hercules Tires dealership visit on Thursday.”

QUICK RESULTS –

Aug. 11 – Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa – Qualifying: 45; Heat race: 9 (9); C Main: 3 (5); B Main: 19 (23).

Aug. 12 – Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa – Qualifying: 34; Heat race: 11 (12); C Main: 8 (9); B Main: 20 (24).

Aug. 13 – Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa – E Main: 4 (4); D Main: 17 (21).

SEASON STATS –

47 races, 2 wins, 7 top fives, 17 top 10s, 27 top 15s, 32 top 20s

UP NEXT –

Friday at Outlaw Speedway in Dundee, N.Y.; Saturday at Utica-Rome Speedway in Vernon, N.Y.; and Sunday at Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport, N.Y., with the Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions

UPCOMING HERCULES TIRES DEALERSHIP VISITS –

Thursday at Finger Lakes Tire in Auburn, N.Y., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

MEDIA LINKS –

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GregWilsonw20

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GregWilsonRacing

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT – Ohio Logistics

Ohio Logistics, which is based in Findlay, Ohio, is a world-class distribution facility. The company is in 20 locations in five states and has grown into one of the largest privately held logistics firms in the Upper Midwest. For more information, visit http://www.OhioLogistics.com.

“Since Chuck Bills got involved with our team in 2005 it’s been pretty cool to develop a friendship and get all of the support from the Ohio Logistics employees,” Wilson said. “To have a company stick with me for more than a dozen years and have their belief in me is pretty cool.”

Wilson would also like to thank Hercules Tires, Ohio Logistics, DNC Hydraulics, Engler Machine & Tool, Inc., Kinsler Fuel Injection, All Pro Cylinder, Magtech Ignition, Simpson Race Products, Banshee Graphics, Hepfner Racing Products, Nagy Equipment Sales, Winters Performance, Real Capz, Inter-State Truck Repair, Sandridge Customs, Sugar Street Bar & Grill, BRS Racing Shocks, Saldana Racing Products, Ultra-Shield Seats, Sharp Advantage, Smith Titanium, CJMM, Maverick’s Portables, Greber Racing Components and Ti22 Performance for their continued support.

Back