Wimmer ‘Runs the Alphabet’ in Bradway Memorial

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CHICO, CA (May 12) – Brandon Wimmer thrilled the packed house at Silver Dollar Speedway by “running the alphabet” in Saturday’s 17th Annual Dave Bradway Jr. Memorial.

Wimmer drove Redi-Green Motorsports’ #1K ARB Incorporated Maxim to victory in the “C” and “B” Features to qualify for the 40-lap main event. The 20-year-old driver from Fairmount, IN, raced into the top five from the 10th starting position, but a 25th-lap collision that caused him to turn over ended his night. Brandon, the fourth-fastest qualifier in the 47-car field, raced into the lead from outside the fifth row in the Fourth Heat Race, but crashed into one of the large tires lining the infield.

“The night started out good,” Wimmer said. “We qualified well, and I was leading the heat race. The track was really slick and I was running around the bottom. I hit one of the big tires and knocked the front end out. That put us in the ‘C,’ and we won it from the front row. We got our time back, so we started on the front row in the ‘B,’ and we led every lap in that race. We got our time back again, so we started behind the dash cars.

“We got going really good in the first couple of laps of the feature and got into fifth. I was trying to pass Colby Wiesz and everybody in the top five was together. We were coming up on lapped traffic, but something happened ahead of us and we got bottled up. Everybody stopped ahead of me and I had nowhere to go, so I ran over the back of somebody. That broke the front end. When I came back down off that car, somebody from behind me hit me and tipped the car over sideways. It was just one of those nights when we didn’t have a lot of luck.”

Wimmer’s 12.584-second lap was only .124 seconds off Willie Croft’s pace-setting lap. He was credited with 21st place in the “A” Feature.

The Dave Bradway Jr. Memorial pays tribute to the late, great Northern California racer who died in a sprint car crash at Skagit Speedway in 1987.

ARB Incorporated is a multi-national construction company headquartered in Lake Forest, CA, that constructs water and waste water treatment plants and power plants while providing a wide range of engineering, construction, fabrication, maintenance and replacement services to major energy, petrochemical, refining and mining companies, developers, utilities, and public agencies.

Redi-Green Motorsports invites racing fans to visit its website at www.rgmotorsports.com for news, results, sponsorship information and photographs. For more information, please visit www.brandonwimmer.com.

Back