‘Switchme.net Nat’l Dirt LM Championship Announced’

DocL

March 2, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

‘Switchme.net Nat’l Dirt LM Championship Announced’

Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net, one of the fastest growing and most popular weekly racing radio programs broadcast over the world wide web that recently announced a major sponsorship agreement with Switchme.net, has announced the formation of the Switchme.net National Dirt Late Model Championship program that will award the winner a minimum of $1,000 in cash and a new Rocket Chassis. The new program was announced Monday March 1 on Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net that is aired every Monday evening from 8:00 – 10:00 PM EST at www.racetalklive.com

“That was another idea that we worked out and our interest was a national contingency program and we came up with a program that will now be called the Switchme.net National Dirt Late Model Championship,” stated Richard Gdovic, president of Switchme.net. “Race people support products and we see this as a way to support race teams. This will be another attraction that will work for us and for the show and it’ll help a driver out too.”

The Rocket Chassis that will be awarded has been made possible by Rocket Chassis owners Mark Richards and Steve Baker.

The program is open to all dirt Late Model and Limited Late Model teams.

“The final details are currently being worked out,” explained Dave Seay, co-host of Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net. “It will be a very simple process of driver's registering and then sending in their results. Points will be given for first place finishes, second’s and so on. It will be the best 15 races counted for the end of year final point standings and drivers will be required to run a switchme.net contingency decal to be eligible. All results will be checked for accuracy and it is open to all weekly racers and tour drivers that run a Late Model (Super or Limited).”

“Richard wanted to do something extra and once we did title sponsorship, and once you add in the other two deals he is doing with the ‘Race To Riches’ program at Virginia Motor Speedway where a lucky fan, every week, gets a chance to win $25,000. And he is also a contingency sponsor for all six of our divisions at Virginia Motor Speedway. Add on top of that that he also sponsors a Late Model of the young gun Brent Robinson in the Switchme.net #3 Warrior Race Car.”

“I think that is exciting for all parties involved,” commented Brian Tidball, co-host of Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net. “As for Switchme.net it will add that much more exposure. As for Dirt Nation I think it’s cool people will be running our decals and that will help give our show more exposure. For the racers I think it’s cool because this is based on a similar basis to what the Valvoline Cup was. It’s a good situation for everybody I think.”

The Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net radio program is spearheading the promotional effort and plans are to expand the program that has already begun with the generous contribution from Rocket Chassis.

“We really appreciate the generosity of not only Richard Gdovic of Switchme.net but certainly Mark Richards and Steve Baker’s unselfish contribution,” said Doc Lehman, co-host of Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net. “What we are trying to do through the radio show is give something back to the racing community in our own small way but it’s these huge contributions and backing by people in the sport like Mark and Steve of Rocket Chassis that really compliments what Switchme.net is hoping to do. And we’re not done yet. We want to grow the pot at the end of the rainbow in this Switchme.net National Dirt Late Model Championship.”

“I can’t thank Mark Richards and Steve Baker enough for coming on board for this Switchme.net National Dirt Late Model Championship,” added Seay. “There are several car builders in this industry that give back and they are by far one of the tops in giving back to racers in the dirt community. For me, I already had a tremendous amount of respect for those gentlemen and for them to do that was terrific.”

Within the next week or two complete details on how Late Model race teams across the country can participate will be released. And in the coming weeks additional prizes will be announced.

“We think everyone will enjoy this program,” said Lehman. “It will be fun to track the teams throughout the season, they will get some extra exposure and at the end of the year some Late Model driver will have a nice bonus. And it’s open to any dirt Late Model driver competing this season. All they have to do is register once we have the final details worked out and on the Switchme.net website.”

“It was just a natural progression and Richard Gdovic wanted to be involved and get his company name out there,” added Seay. “So we said let’s go crazy a little bit and do something on the internet. He mentioned even doing some other divisions but we said let’s try dirt Late Models first and get it working and then next year maybe we’ll look at another division like Sprint Cars or Modifieds to add. But I think it’s a tremendous opportunity.”

“First I think it will give the company a lot of exposure because people will be going to their website at Switchme.net and see what’s happening with the national rankings and at the end of the year we’ll pay someone $1,000 and a dirt Late Model chassis from Rocket Chassis courtesy of Mark Richards and Steve Baker. I’m just flabbergasted because all of this stuff is happening quick and it’s extremely, extremely fun to do this.

Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net is hosted each week by the Rat Pack, featuring Dave Seay, Brian Tidball and Doc Lehman and airs every Monday evening from 8:00 – 10:00 PM EST. Listeners can participate by calling 877-899-7223 or by instant messenger at dirtnation2003 at any of the following instant messenger services online, AIM, MSN or yahoo. You can also e-mail Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net at dirtnation2003@yahoo.com and submit your tracks or tours results to racereporter@hotmail.com To listen to the program visit: www.racetalklive.com Dirt Nation can also be heard on its host radio station, “The Outlaw” 1490 AM.

Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net features in depth interviews with the show’s weekly guests (national and regional). Joining hosts Seay, Tidball and Lehman each week is Ron Fleenor, a close family friend and spokesperson for the Duayne Hommel family, who updates listeners on the continuing progress of Hommel who suffered severe head injuries following a traffic accident on September 23 near Newport, TN.

For additional information on Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net contact Dave Seay at: 804.758.1867 or via email at: dave@vamotorspeedway.com

Dirt Nation presented by Switchme.net (www.Switchme.net) is also sponsored by Virginia Motor Speedway (www.virginiamotorspeedway.com) and the Dirt America Online news website located at: www.DirtAmericaOnline.com

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Back