‘TK’ Looks to Head Outlaws off at ‘The PAS’

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
LAKE PERRIS , CA (October 17) – When Tim Kaeding returned to Tom Rolfe Racing several months ago, he relished the idea that the team decides when and where it races. So, while the team wants to build on Saturday’s terrific run in the Dave Helm Memorial at Thunderbowl Raceway, it will skip Friday’s World of Outlaws race at Manzanita Speedway and catch “the greatest show on dirt” at Perris Auto Speedway Saturday.

“We don’t see any reason to go all the way down to Manzanita for one race,” Tim said Monday. “I haven’t raced at Perris in five years, but we’re looking forward to it. It’s a good track where you can pass. It’s just a lot racier than Manzanita. We’re just going to run with the Outlaws and get ready for the non-winged races coming up.”

Rolfe, a three-time Golden State Challenge King of California Series championship car owner, says he has two non-winged sprinters ready for the October 27th United States Auto Club/California Racing Association Midgets event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Dirt Track. The team will return to Perris Auto Speedway for another non-winged sprint car event – the Budweiser Oval Nationals – November 1-3.

Kaeding, who won the World of Outlaws’ February 24th “A” Feature at Thunderbowl, drove the #10 Tom Rolfe Trucking Maxim past veterans Jason Meyers, Kerry Madsen, Tim Shaffer and Ronnie Day on his way to a third-place finish in Saturday’s main event. “TK” appeared to be on his way past runner-up Jason Sides and winner Donny Schatz when the caution flag fell late in the 35-lap race.

Not only does Tom Rolfe Racing decide when and where it will race; it also runs the type of sprint cars it wants. The team will return to Tulare ’s 1/3-mile oval for the 14th Annual Trophy Cup November 16-17. The Trophy Cup, which started at San Jose Speedway, has grown into one of the country’s largest 360 winged sprint car events.

“We have a great group of guys at (Tom) Rolfe Racing,” Tim said. “They’re in this with me just like I’m in it with them. It’s a learning curve for all of us right now to make our team better so we know we can go out and finish in the top five every night with the Outlaws. I think we’re capable of getting there; it’s just going to take some TLC and time and effort. We have the team to do it; I think we’re just a little behind on experience. Tom’s putting the equipment underneath us, I’m doing my part of the job and (team managers) Duke and Scotty (McMillen) are doing their part. I feel like we’re just a click behind everybody else right now, but I think once we get into it more we’ll be alright.”

Back