“Atwood Outlaw” Wins Rebel Challenge Series!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(ATWOOD, TENNESSEE) Atwood, Tennessee’s own “Atwood Outlaw”, T.J. Herndon, has added yet another notch to his gun by winning the inaugural championship of the Open Wheel Modified Rebel Challenge Series. Herndon, who is no stranger to points racing, was able to secure this, his fourteenth championship, by piloting his #1 Shaw by Taylor Modified to eighteen Feature wins in ’07 at seven different tracks in Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee. Upon notification of his win, Herndon stated “I would like to thank my family, crew and fans that have stood by me through thick and thin. I want to thank Jeff Taylor who gives me a car that can get the job done every week if I do my part. I would also like to thank Jeremy Collins of Xtreme Graphics by J-Rod for coming on board this year and becoming the official wrap of the Atwood Outlaw. Let’s see there is Danny, Tom, Steve, Al and Brant at Full Throttle Race Parts, Chris at Fast and Left Race Shop, Dad and Ricky at ICI Drywall and Mom at The Herndon Law Firm. Thanks to Terry at Tucker’s Automotive Machine for my engine program. Thanks to Mr. Provence for allowing me to use his facilities to work on my car when I’m in the Batesville area and thanks to Tadpole at Rockhard for my powder coating. I’d like to thank Base Fuels and all the product sponsors that provide parts for my car. I hope I’m not forgetting anybody, oh yeah and special thanks to Ryan at Delph Communications for taking care of everything to do with the website. We’re just about done for the year but we have already started getting ready for next year. I’m going to take a little time off to do some deer and duck hunting but it will be back in full swing before you know it. Before I forget it, I want to thank Mr. Robert Brown for starting this series and letting guys like me have a chance to still race for a championship without fishing in the same pond every week. I know I’ve probably missed somebody and if I have I’m sorry but it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate you.”

The Modified series was formed in 2007 to mirror the already successful Super Late Model Rebel Challenge Series founded by Mr. Robert Brown of Brown Engineering in 2005. The series was established to give drivers the opportunity to compete for a championship while also being able to travel to different venues and compete with a variety of different drivers throughout the Mid-South. The series points are tabulated by taking each driver’s top fifteen finishes and issuing points based on their finish positions along with the number of competitors in each contest. Unlike many track championships, the Rebel Challenge Series gives drivers the latitude to miss any given number of races due to family activities, vacations and the like while still being able to score their best fifteen finishes of the season toward the championship. We would like to thank the 2007 sponsors of the Rebel Challenge Series which are: Brown Engineering of Aberdeen, MS, PBM Performance Products, RPI Racing Suspension, Race Products Inc., Boland Performance, DEL WEST Titanium Valve Train Components, Mississippi One-Call System, Inc., Midsouthracing.com, Behind the Wheel, Jimmy Smith Racing Tires, Byhalia Southern Housing, Lavender Graphics & Motorsports and AMPMSPEED.com. Anyone with interest in competing in the 2008 Rebel Challenge Weekly Racing Series can get the full details by logging onto www.rebelchallenge.com or by contacting Robert or Daniel Brown of Brown Engineering Racing Engines at (662) 369-8108.

You can learn more about T.J. Herndon online at www.tjherndon.com!

Back