“Don Klein Klassic 28” Friday March 30th Belle-Clair Speedway

Friday March 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Belle-Clair Speedway 7:00 pm Help us Kick-Off Dandy Don Klein’s Final Season!
With the:
“Don Klein Klassic 28” - $1228 to Win 28 lap UMP Super Late Model Feature

Regular Season Opener All Classes will be Racing and Track Points Begin!
Promoter – Donni Hoener – 636-288-2716

Attachments

• Opening Night Flyer VF.jpg
    Opening Night Flyer VF.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 106
This will be awesome, but I'm sad to see it's going to be his final season. I hope he can find a feature win or two in 2012. Will this be his 55th season? Can't wait to buy the t-shirt!

Sad to see this as his last season, but it has been great to see him run for so many years. Thank you for the years of entertainment.

Don, your a real gentlman and a true champion, thanks for the memories. I hope this season is grand for you. St Louis auto racing for me will always be memories of watching the #28 battle it out with the #14 of Carl Springer, the #6699, and the yellow#16. Donny H 2012 is really shaping up!

Very sad to see this.life long don Klein fan.Yes he is a true champion.best driver hands down.I'm sure he has some wins left in him.looking forward to watching him run one last year.STAND ON IT DONNIE!

Wouldn't miss it for the world, when he came on the scene Dandy Don was in a class by himself & for me always will be

Since this is his last season does that mean we will finally find out what those circles and dashes on his car stand for?

When my dad was younger he listed Don Klein as one of his favorite drivers, a fact I didnt find out until I was nearly 20. When I was growingup in turn 3 watching my dad race, aside from my dad, Don Klein was one of my favorite drivers. His presence and class was a thrill to many generations of fans during his amazing 55 year run. But like always, all good things must come to an end. But I dont think this will be the last we see of this living legend. Don ty for many great season and many many awesome races.

I dont know what is more amazing; the fact that he has raced 55 years or the fact that he is still racing competitively at his age. An amazing man to say the very least!

AK

I had to stop by Donnie Odum's house yesterday and he was showing me a bunch of old pics and a couple of old videos from the 80's. Not that I needed reminded because I've always said Dandy Don is the best ever hands down. But, seeing those videos of him work his magic was priceless. Seeing him work his way through the field from the 5th and 6th row night in and night out was a thing of beauty. This new age of racing we have now, a guy would have to win 5000 features to have accomplishments as impressive as The Dandy one's.

This is a good deal for Donnie. He does well at Belle Clair and has been racing there along time. Sorry to hear that he is in his final year, but time and money does catch up with you.
Hope this becomes an annual event for the track.
Thanks Belle Clair Promotions for coming up with this event.

Say it ain't so. It just won't be racing season if Don Klein isn't driving a stock car. I'm sad I'm going to be on the other side of the world and will have to miss this race. Hopefully Don will still be puttering about with the old coupe.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Don has always been one of my heroes. When I won my first feature at B-ville, Don came over to my pit stall and told me I drove a good race. That meant more to me than the money or the feature winners sticker or anything else that came with winning that race. All I could think about on the way home was that Don Klein went out of his way to tell me I did a good job. I had won features before, but that one will be one of my fondest racing memories. Thanks Don. I'm gonna miss you.

Brian #44

Back