“Jody Palmer named as Southern Region Director”

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
The Fastrak Racing Series has named Jody Palmer as the Director for the Southern Region. Jody comes from many years of experience of driving, owning teams, promoting a couple of different race tracks, and also as a competitor for the Fastrak Points Championship for the last two years. He was runner up in 2004. Jody won his first Fastrak event in 2005 at Antioch Speedway in NC. He was quoted after the race as saying, "I have made every race in the SAS, Xtreme Series, Clash Series and everywhere I have ever raced. It took me two years to win a Fastrak race. That speaks very well of how equal the Fastrak Series really is."

Jody also owns Fast Lane Racing Products in Seneca, SC which sells all types of racing products. Fast Lane has quickly become one of the major race parts suppliers in the crate engine business.

"I am excited about Jody coming aboard," stated Series Founder, Stan Lester. "Jody and I have talked about this for the better part of two years, and the time has come when I can’t handle the growth by myself anymore. The Series has grown at such a pace that Jody and I both felt like my focus needed to be on the whole series and not just the Southern Region. With the addition of our “weekly sanctioning” in 2006 I need to be able to get out and assist our tracks and teams alike in different areas of the country. Tracks are signing up at an incredible rate and it looks like we may actually have to turn a few down this year. I don’t want to get more than we can handle efficiently."

This move has been discussed with many of the teams and they think it is a great idea. Jody has experience in this position, so we look for it to be a very easy transition for him. To see a person like Jody step up and offer to stop his own racing, as much as he loves it, and want to run the Region, you know that dedication is real. Jody and his wife, Ashlee, are both very well liked among the teams and Series Officials.

"It really is amazing," stated Lester, "all of the people that started with Fastrak feel very much like the Series belongs to them too. That’s what we prefer they do. Without them we don’t have a series. Almost every team that started with us is still with us. That is a important factor in my opinion. We just have a great bunch of teams."

Fastrak looks to sign upwards of twenty tracks for the 2006 season. After making sure the system in place is working very well, then Fastrak will add an additional eighty for 2007 for a total of one hundred. "We are not looking to sanction every track," stated Lester. "We want quality tracks that we can help build car counts by having the National Championship available for their competitors. Crate Late Model racing is new in most areas, and taking thirty cars and dividing them by four tracks does not make sense. Let’s build them slowly, thoroughly and make it work for everyone. Then the tracks can make some money as well. With our $5.00 per car fee, I really don’t know of anyone that cannot afford it. It works well for tracks building this class."

Fast Lane Racing

Fastrak Racing Series

Director Southern Region

Jody Palmer

864-882-4702

www.fastrakracing.com

Back